Fashion shows are known for their display of the most fabulous, new trends in clothing; but, in addition to forecasting our stylish wardrobe, the runway also influences the upcoming season’s hottest hair trends. Below are two of my favorite looks from New York Fashion week, and how you can recreate the looks from the runway.
What: Sleek part with textured lengths
Where: Victoria Beckham Spring 2013
Inspiration: “The center part and shine on top creates a strong, even dramatic look on the Victoria Beckham girl today, but the overall style is still very youthful and American,” said Redken Creative Consultant Guido
Create the Look:
1. Create a clean center part on damp hair.
2. Blow dry just the top section of hair to just behind the ear, then spray water on the back to re-dampen & let dry naturally.
3. Spray the hairline with forceful 23 hairspray to smooth & hold.
4. Apply shine flash 02 glistening mist on the top of head.
5. Use lots of powder refresh 01 dry shampoo on the bottom third of hair to get a light fluffy effect.
What: The glossy bun
Where: Ralph Lauren Spring 2013 show
Inspiration:“…picture a very elegant Argentine woman” says Guido.
Create the Look:
1. Apply satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion (currently unavailable on Redken’s website)to damp hair and blow-dry straight.
2. Create a clean center part.
3. Gather hair tightly into a ponytail at the nape and secure with an elastic.
4. Spray style with shine flash 02 glistening mist and twist up into a knot, securing with open fasteners.
5. Spray final style with fashion work 12 versatile working spray to tame frizz and flyaway’s for a sleek finish.
Photos Courtesy of Charles Sykes for Redken