A new premium beauty line has just hit the market and, no, you can’t find it within your typical high-end department stores. You can only get it at – drumroll please – CVS/pharmacy. Makeup Academy is a new quality cosmetics line developed by makeup professionals and beauty experts who wanted to bring high-quality products to consumers without the department store prices. The Makeup Academy line has more than 145 products within three categories – lip, brushes, and false eyelashes.
· Lip – The lip line contains 100 products including lipsticks, glosses, crayons, stains, liquid lipsticks, and balms.
· Professional Brushes – The brush collection includes a Pro BB/CC Cream Brush, Foundation Brush and a Point Liner Brush for gel eyeliners.
· False Lashes – The extensive range of false lashes are for both beginners and pros, and include a collection of fine and volume boosting lashes to create the perfect look.
The products are now available in-store and online at www.cvs.com/muapro and range in prices from $4.00-$24.99.
Tweezerman’s new Brush iQ collection officially landed in stores last month. Here, Celebrity Makeup Artist Jackie Gomez shares pro-tips to contouring, using the new brush collection. Watch the below video to learn how to create chiseled cheek bones, a perfectly highlighted the face and an overall sculpted look.
So, you know that Whole Foods is packed with yummy, good-for-you food, but did you know that you can get some amazing beauty products there? Case and point: Illuminating Beauty Balm SPF 9.
I’ve tended to stay away for BB creams, because no matter how many of them I’ve tried nothing really seem to match my skin perfectly. I also don’t feel like most BB creams live up to the hype – I am able to get a flawless look from the same tinted moisturizer I’ve been using since the 10th grade. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled upon Mineral Fusion’s Illuminating Beauty Balm, a hypo-allergenic, fragrance free all-in-one BB cream.
The product comes in one universal shade that matches all skin tones. At first, I didn’t believe this product stood a chance in matching my olive complexion when I saw the light beige color emerge from the tube, but when I put it on, it blended in seamlessly and felt weightless. My large pores were masked, my skin tone was even, and I was glowing. Although it is a BB cream, the coverage seems more like a light foundation, as it literally provided me with a flawless complexion.
The BB cream is formulated with skin-soothing aloe and nourishing botanicals to provide long-lasting hydration, and also includes a unique mineral-peptide blend and natural anti-oxidants to promote younger looking skin. It also contains SPF to protect against the sun’s harmful rays.
What is it: All-in-one: Makeup + moisturizer + age-defying treatment + sun protection.
Cost: $24.99 at mineralfusion.com or Whole Foods.
So we’ve all been there: after applying flawless makeup you go to set everything with finishing power and you are left with a powdery mess all over your face that settles into fine lines and looks unnatural. MAKE UP FOR EVER’s new HD Pressed Powder eliminates the possibility of ruining your makeup with cakey residue with a mess-free, lightweight finishing powder that goes on virtually invisible and sets makeup without leaving behind any trace of color.
What is does:
A combination of hyaluronic acid, synthetic mica, silicone powders and silica, the powder aims to instantly blur the appearance of fine lines, large pores, shine and other skin imperfections.
How it feels:
It’s silky and lightweight.
Why I like it:
No matter how many time a day I use oil blotting sheets, my oily skin just doesn’t behave, so I’ve been apply this transparent powder throughout the day to keep shine away. No matter how often I reapply it, the product never builds up, blends seamlessly, and instantly matifies my skin for a naturally flawless and airbrushed look. I can use it over foundation to create a luminous finish or by itself for a smooth out imperfections.
Because the product is pressed it’s easy to carry around in your purse, without having to worry about tit spilling inside your bag. It also comes with a handy mirror, making quick touch ups a breeze.
A little bit goes a long way. It helps to use the right kind of brush such as MAKE UP FOR EVER’s #124 Medium Kabuki Brush.
$36 (available exclusively at Sephora)
Ck one color global makeup artist Kayleen McAdams, gave Jessica Biel her girl-next-door simple makeup look on the red carpet. “I wanted to do something really fresh, light and feminine” said McAdams. “There were so many beautiful pastels in her dress, so I played with those tones.” Here’s how to get the look:
1. I prepped Jessica’ skin with moisturizing face and eye products, Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration and Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, to give her makeup a good base to stick to.
2. Then, I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply ck one 3-in-1 face makeup with SPF 8 in fair 200, followed by ck one 3-in-1 concealer in light 1 underneath the eyes, around the nose, and along the edges of her mouth to even out her skin.
3. I used Charlotte Tilbury Sculpt and Highlight Powder on the tops of Jessica’s cheekbones, down her nose, and on her cupid’s bow.
4. I finished her skin with ck one cream + powder blush duo in breath 100 right on the apples of her cheeks and set it with the powder side of the product to give the look staying power throughout the night.
5. For Jessica’s eyes, I started by using a fluffy brush to apply ck one cream + powder bronzer duo in deeply bronzed 400 all over the lid.
6. Then, I used ck one powder eyeshadow in expose and evolved on the inner corners of the eye and along the lash line at the outer corners.
7. I completed her eye with two coats of ck one volumizing mascara on the top lashes to pump up the lashes.
8. Then, I applied the same mascara onto an eyelash comb and combed through the bottom lashes to slightly darken them.
9. For Jessica’s lips, I used Tarte Lip Surgence in Lucky to cover her whole lip with a matte pink; I also used this product in the center of her lips to give dimension and add moisture to her look.
10. Lastly, I gave Jessica’s lips a good coating of Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Lip Balm to soak in while I did her eyes.
THE PRODUCTS AT-A-GLANCE:
EYE CREAM: Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
MOISTURIZER: Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration
FOUNDATION: ck one 3-in-1 face makeup with SPF 8 in fair 200
CONCEALER: ck one 3-in-1 concealer in light 1
BRONZER: ck one cream + powder bronzer duo in deeply bronzed 400
EYE SHADOWS: ck one powder eyeshadow in expose and evolve
MASCARA: ck one volumizing mascara in extreme black
LIP TINT: Tarte Lip Surgence in Lucky
LIP BALM: Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Moisturizing Lip Balm
MAKE UP FOR EVER and Bliss want to help you perfect your pout and define your lip style with a complimentary spa treatment for your lips with the NEW Bliss Fabulips ‘Pout’-o-Matic, a spa-powered lip-perfecting tool. Attendees will also have the chance to meet with a MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist for a personalized lip lesson including a color consultation to identify a signature lip shade from the MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist collection. Appointments will finally be finished off with a 3 step lip lining technique tutorial.
MAKE UP FOR EVER Boutique in Sephora
New York, NY 10012
Book your complimentary appointment today and receive a special treat with any purchase. Appointments can be booked by calling the boutique directly.
This month MAKE UP FOR EVER introduced the company’s latest innovation in the iconic HD range: HD Blush. The professional quality product features silicone oils, dry oils and waxes for seamless blending and maximum staying power. The formula also includes mother-of-pearl and pigments that give skin a natural flush of color, as well as silica powders and synthetic mica for a satin-smooth finish. The lightweight compact features a mirror for on-the-go touch-up in the sleek black packaging MAKE UP FOR EVER is known for.
Available in 16 shades ranging from light to medium to tan, there is a color in the line for every skin tone. Pick one up at Sephora.com or MAKE UP FOREVER boutiques for $26.
What is it: Physicians Formula pH Matchmaker pH Powered Lip Gloss asserts that it is 1st Ever Lip Gloss with pH Power Complex designed to transform into your perfect shade within 60 seconds of application. The product also claims to last up to 10 hours.
How it works: Under controlled conditions, fluorescein Based Dye-senses the pH level of your skin & adjusts to your personalized color. Photochronic powders use light adjusting pigments to adapt to your environment so color looks the same indoors & outside.
Special Features: LED-powered wand lights up to allow for easy application in dim lightning and also features and a mirror or the side of the bottle, making quick touch-ups a breeze.
What I like: The gloss goes on clear, but really does change color right before your eyes. The hue matched well with my skin tone and was surprisingly pigmented. The color also lasts a long time; after I wiped away the gloss to get a more matte effect, my pout was still tinted with the color. The gloss feels silky and conditioning, and isn’t sticky.
Cost: $9.99 at physiciansformula.com and drugstores.
So you’ve got the perfect costume to wear on All Hallows’ Eve, but have you got the perfect makeup look figured out to complement your goulish getup? If not, head on over to Make Up For Ever’s free-standing boutiques, located within Sephora stores across the country, and get a fabulous makeup applications to add artistic flair for any look, whether it be a fairytale princess or wicked witch.
After Halloween is over, the fun will continue, as the makeup services will be offered through November 2nd. Check out the flyer below to learn more.
Note: Services are offered by appointment only.
Thanks to the blockbuster hit The Great Gatsby and the TV series Boardwalk Empire, the roaring 20s has become a major trend for Halloween in 2013. For those of you donning a chic flapper dress, here’s how to get the perfect makeup look and hair.
How to Get the Look
- Spritz a two-inch section of hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Hairspray. Using a one-inch barrel curling iron, curl the section away from your face.
- Gently slide curl off the iron so it holds the shape of the barrel, and pin. Repeat over entire head. Let curls set for at least 30 minutes.
- While curls set, prep skin with moisturizer, and then apply COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation with a foundation brush for even coverage. Set with pressed powder.
- Dust cheekbones with bronzer for definition, then apply rosy-pink blush to the apples of cheeks.
- Use bronzer and pressed powder to create a neutral smoky eye. Sweep pressed powder over the entire lid and blend bronzer in the crease.
- Apply COVERGIRL Ink It! By Perfect Point Plus in Black eyeliner to upper and lower lashlines, extending the line slightly beyond the outer corners of eyes. Coat top and bottom lashes generously with mascara.
- Finish with a red lipstick like COVERGIRL LipPerfection Lip Color in Hot and layer with COVERGIRL Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm in Tweet Me for a glossy look.
- Release curls and brush to create subtle waves. Smooth flyaways with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extreme SMOOTH Combing Crème.