This holiday season, if you want your hands to shine just as bright as the lights on your Christmas tree, try jazzing your nails up with Pure Ice’s new limited edition collection of glamorous glitters.
There are many expensive nail kits out there that you can use to get sparkling nails, but if you’re on a budget, Pure Ice’s Glitter Pots allows you to create a dazzling mani for just $1.99.
The pots come in theses shimmering shades: Baby Blue, Midnight Blue, Red, Silver, Hot Pink, White, Black, Gold, Green, Rose Gold, Plum and Purple.
To Use: Swipe on 2 coats of desired Pure Ice polish shade, Let nail polish dry completely. Dip nails into selected Glitter Pot. Press firmly onto the covered nail and dust off excess glitter. Seal with top coat if desired. See the infographic below for complete instructions.
This holiday season trendy nail polish brand Ciaté is offering unique collections, sure to please the nail polish aficionado in your life.
You can adorn your nails with festive polishes, but now, your Christmas tree? That’s right! Ciaté limited edition Tree Trinkets feature 6 glittering shades that come enclosed within a crystal clear bauble, complete with gift tags and a signature black satin bow for hanging. The baubles come as a set of 6, so you can give the full box to someone, or gift 6 individuals with the trinkets. Shades include: Candy Cane, All Aglow, Yule Rules, Blizzard, Naughty or Nice and Glitterball.
Ciaté Tree Trinkets™are vailable now for $30 each.
Mini Mani Month
Last year Ciaté’s Mini Mani Month took Sephora by storm and was the brand’s fastest selling holiday product. This year the limited edition set is back. Mini Mani Month features a countdown calendar of 24 nail art minis (17 creme shades and 7 textured manicure toppers). Once the date is removed, specially curated mini Paint Pots, glitter sprinkles, bespoke sequin blends, exclusive caviar pearls, and salon quality treatments are reveled behind the beautifully designed packaging.
Ciaté’s Mini Mani Month, exclusive to Sephora, is available now for $58.00.
Post by Jolevette
Gel polish has become a must-have beauty item. With long-wearing staying power, a variety of colors, and the ability to do it yourself at home, it’s hard to resist the allure of this perfect manicure. This week, I am reviewing the Nailene Gel Kit with the French manicure.
NOTE: Please follow the instructions in the kit properly. Too much primer and gel base will cause the gel not to form properly on your nail and hold.
Step 1 – Clean and buff your nail; a self-manicure essentially. I do this with my mini-manicure kit that I purchased at Sephora for $5.00.
Step 2 – Use the gel primer. Do not over use as a little bit goes along way. To avoid putting too much on, dab the brush against the inside of the bottle.
Step 3 – Time to start cooking! Place your hands in the provided LED lamp for 2 minutes. Do thumbs last.
Step 4 – Next, the gel base coat. Again, place a thin layer on your nail and place your hands under the LED lamp for another 2 minutes.
At this point, you should be able to see your nail start to shine. Feel free to touch the nail. It should be glossy and smooth.
Step 5 – As in Step 4, brush on the gel polish of choice. For me, it was the French Pink. Place hands under LED lamp.
Step 6 – Apply second coat and replace hands under lamp for 2 minutes.
By now, this might be redundant to place your hands in and out of the LED lamp so many times, but this is order for the gel to set and give you that shiny gel perfection.
Step 7 – Last time! Please the gel top coat and get back under the LED lamp for your final 2 minutes of baking.
Step 8 – Using some rubbing alcohol or the one provided, take a cotton ball or a napkin and gently rub your nail. This removes any excess coating and creates that shine. This also ensures that the gel has set properly. If you find the gel still wet, go back under the LED lamp for two more minutes.
Now, I have given instructions for the normal color. I am going to add the extra steps for the French.
The French kit comes with separate tips that must be applied after the gel has set. If you are doing French, DO NOT follow Step 6. Go right into applying the white tips. The tips are rather sticky; you must be very careful when using them….they stick to anything! They stuck to the table that I was working on and they are very hard to remove. So, be sure you have paper towels or a newspaper under our hands when working. It was very difficult to select the right size tip for my nail which caused me to have to trim and take extra time to get the French just right. After you have selected your tips and they are on (hopefully you didn’t create a sticky mess like me!) you can apply the top coat.
Overall, this is a great product when using a solid color. I would re-think the French kit. The tips should not be so sticky or add a small bottle of white polish so that the user can pick their own size and have less stickiness to worry about.
Illamasqua invites you to join Creative Director Alex Box in celebrating the launch of the cult British makeup brand at Bloomingdale’s 59th Street, hosted by Brand Founder Julian Kynaston. Guests will have the rare opportunity to watch Alex Box live at work, recreating some of the most definitive looks from the brand’s history.
Alex Box, Creative Director for Illamasqua, is instrumental in shaping the brand’s captivating imagery and creative vision. A pioneer in experimental beauty, Alex Box continues to make an everlasting impact on the beauty, art and fashion industries. Box is the chosen make-up artist for top designers including Karl Lagerfield, Alexander McQueen and Vivienne Westwood while her celebrity clients include Lady Gaga, Kate Moss and Rosie Huntington-Whitely.
Thursday, October 10, 2013
6:30pm – 8:00pm
1000 Third Avenue at 59th Street
New York, NY 10022
Beauty on 1
Last week I took a yoga class at the gym and when the lights dimmed, I couldn’t help but notice the nails of the girl next to me glowed in the dimly lit room, and I was obsessed. So, this week I happily tested out Ciaté’s Corrupted Neons Manicure Set, which not only gives you glow-in-the-dark nails, but an oh-so-pretty sparkling manicure for the daytime. Here are the steps to get glowing nails using the kit:
Step 1: Remove the bottles from the kit and admire the cute little bow on the polish.
For this review, I used Foam Party which includes:
- 0.45 oz Paint Pots Nail Polish in Boom Box
- 0.45 oz Caviar Pearls in Foam Party
- Mini Black Light Topcoat
Step 2: Apply a clear base coat to nails and allow it to dry completely.
Step 3: Apply two heavy coats of the base color.
Step 4: While nails are still wet, sprinkle the caviar pearls over nails generously, as pictured below.
I received tons of compliments on neon glitter texture of my nails, and this week, when I returned to the gym, I was the one with glowing nails.
The Ciaté Corrupted Neons Manicure Set is available in 4 shades for $25 at Sephora.com.
On Wednesday, September 11th, Brandon Sun presented his Spring/Summer collection at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. According to Red Door Spas’ National Creative Director and Master Hair Stylist Zahir Ziani, since the garments in the collection were bold and geometric, the hair was kept soft and sophisticated. Long hair was parted down the center, then swept back into a low side bun. Stray pieces were allowed to fall naturally, creating a very casual look.
Drawing inspiration from the fur used in Brandon Sun’s collection, Adeline Sarino, National Training Director of Nails for Red Door Spa created a surprising ombre nail look using shades of cool light/dove grey with a matte finish.
The makeup look was created Cesar Olivas, Makeup Artist for Red Door Spa, and focused on brows, while leaving lashes mascara-free. Lips were kept soft and natural using various shades of red to compliment the collection.
Learn more about Red Door Spa»
Post by Jolevette
If you want real nail polish strips that you can use to show off your own personal style, Incoco is the brand for you. These strips are made from real nail polish and come in a variety of designs. For this review we used “Bombshell” – a swirl of gold, rose gold, and black with a glitter finish. Here is how to apply the product to end up with a fabulous manicure:
1- File your nails to desired length and push cuticles back (this is a very important step!)
2- Find your size.
3- Peel plastic from front of strip.
4- Peel plastic from the back.
NOTE: Be careful as these are real nail polish strips, are very thin and can rip easily. Take your time.
5- Gently, place the strip on nail starting at the cuticle and smooth forward. Stretch strip over nail if necessary.
6- Once strip has completely covered the nail, pinch excess off or if you choose, you can use the file provided in the package. However, I found that I did not need the file, as the excess broke off leaving an even line behind after I pinched it together.
That’s it! You should now have gorgeous looking nails that will last for up to 8 days (the package says 10), but mine started to chip at day 5, which is fine – that only means you can take off the old faster to get to the next design!
Also, unlike nail stickers, these actually come off easily with nail polish remover just like real nail polish, so there is no need to soak first and then peel.
Overall, this is a great product that you need to try. Affordable, beautiful and hassle free! Buy it for $8.99 here»
This 4th of July, showcase your patriotism with polishes from Pure Ice’s Stars & Stripes collection. The collection includes 5 patriotic shades:
- Siren- Crème primary red
- Dazzle Me- Clear base with silver glitter and mirror hex
- Freedom- Red microglitter, red and blue hexes, silver stars
- Superstar- White crème
- Wide Awake- Clear base with bright blue ultrafine and micro glitter
Learn more about Pure Ice and the new collection, but clicking the image above.
A few weeks ago I told you about the launch of Illamasqua’s new Paranormal collection, which features a variety of products with bold hues and unexpected textures. Amongst the new collection are four high-impact limited edition nail varnishes, which look great alone, but under UV light, emit a bright glow for stand-out nails. This week I tested out the UV Glow Nail Varnish in SÉANCE (Paranormal bright violet).
What I like: The color glides on smoothly, making the application virtually mistake proof. Within a matter of minutes my nails were dry so the fact that I was able to paint my nails with a gorgeous color, and run out the house in under an hour is a huge plus. The high shine finish gives you a salon-quality manicure, and the subtle hint of shimmer is playful, without being overdramatic. Séance is also the perfect shade of purple, which is perfect for daytime, but still dramatic enough to complement any nighttime look.
How much is it: $17.00
Where to buy: Sephora or Illamasqua.com
This weekend my sister Jolevette and I decided that instead of paining Easter eggs, we should paint our nails with polishes from Pure Ice, a line of cutting-edge nail enamels free of formaldehyde, toluene and DBP. We love the trendy shade options available, and at $1.97 each, Pure Ice polishes are an affordable option for salon-quality polishes and gorgeous hues, without breaking the bank.
Now through April 19th, Pure Ice will be hosting a giveaway (details below), where fans will have the opportunity to submit their best spring-inspired manicure for a chance to win 20 bottles of the brand’s polishes. Inspired by this idea, we created our best spring nail look using After Hours, an electrifying pink shade, with a high-shine finish.
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you know that floras are in this Spring. My sister recently got her nails done, and her nail artist came up with the below design. I love the different colors, patterns and materials used to create the look. What do you think about it?
Jamberry nail wraps are a fun way to spice up your style with innovative and creative designs. With St. Patrick’s Day coming up, we decided to test out one of the green and white designs as an ode to the holiday.
Here’s how to add some spunk to your nails:
1. Clear nails of all polish with nail polish remover; buff and smooth with a nail file. The Jamberry instructions suggest that you again clean your nails with nail polish remover, but you can skip this part. As long as your nails are dry and oil free, you should be fine.
2. Find your nail size. Instead of going in the order the nail wraps are on the sheet, size your nails up individually under the plastic to find the closest fit. Not all packages come with the same sizes. Some packages come with round and square nail beds.
3. Once your size is selected, heat with a blow dryer for 10-15 seconds. It should become warm and flexible.
4. Place sticker on nail and firmly smooth over entire nail.
5. Cut sticker to your nail length and file to your nail shape.
6. Heat again with blow dryer and press firmly to seal.
7. Done! Now you are ready for the parade!
Although we thought our nails came out looking amazing and received tons of compliments, there is a slight learning curve that comes with using the nail wraps. Here are some helpful notes:
1-Make sure you really smooth the sticker at the tip of the nail. Failure to do this will lift the sticker off the nail.
2-It is tiring to do the first hand, but after the first 5 fingers, it becomes easy to do, so don’t give up!
3-By day two, the top nail film started coming off the sticker. Therefore, it’s our opinion that these nails are more suited for one-time events such as weddings, dates or fun events like the one featured for this posting: St. Patricks’ Day!
Note: we received the nail wrap used for this article in a gift bag at the Duane Street Bloggers Lounge in February 2013
Post by Delia and Jolevette
A few weeks ago, I was introduced to Illamasqua’s limited edition Speckled Nail Varnish. The varnish was inspired by irregular markings on fragile bird eggs, and allows you to create professional multi-dimensional nail art with just a few swipes.
Where to buy: Sephora.com, Sephora stores and Sephora at JCPenny stores. The Freckle shade is available exclusively at JCPenny.
What I like: The creamy consistency of the polish glides on smoothly and is virtually mistake-proof. It only took one coat for me to achieve a high-fashion nail look. The color lasted about 3 days before one nail started to chip; but after a quick touch-up, my nails were back to looking fabulous.
The effect: Pastel and Neutral base colors are contrasted with black speckles of different sizes. Depending on how many coats you apply, some of the speckles appear more defined, as other seem muted behind the color, creating a multi-dimensional pattern.
Discourse: I received this product for free at a press event
My favorite time of year is coming up in a few short days- Halloween! This blog was founded on that spooktacular holiday two years ago, and what better way to get in the spirit than to make sure that our nails are painted with creative Halloween designs.
British beauty brand Illamasqua’s US Nail Art Ambassador Fleury Rose came up with three DIY nail art designs, featuring Illamasqua’s highly pigmented, long-wearing Nail Varnishes. Below are the step-by-step instructions on how you can get the looks.
1. After applying base coat, paint nails with two coats of Scorn black matte polish. Allow nails to dry for 3-5 minutes
2. Pour out a small amount of scorch onto tin foil. Dip the large end of a dotting tool into white polish and dot onto nail. Repeat step 3 times on each nail. (Pro tip: if polish gets stringy, pour a fresh puddle of Scorn onto foil and continue process.) Allow white dots to dry 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour a small puddle of Serenity onto foil. With the small end of a dotting tool dip into rubber blue polish and dot in the very center of each white circle. Repeat on each nail. Allow to dry 3-5 minutes
4. Dip the point of a tooth pick into Scorn and gently dot a tiny black point into the center of each eye.
5. After drying add optional top coat for a shiny finish, or stay matte.
1. After applying Base coat, paint nails with two coats of Aorta and let dry 3-5 minutes
2. Dip small brush in Boosh, and paint a tiny triangle at the top of the nail. This will create the bow of the lips.
3. Next, paint an oval shape in the center of the red nail to create the opening of the mouth.
4. Allow to dry for 5 minutes (Pro tip: Allowing polish to dry before drawing on nail is very important, or you may smudge the whole thing and ruin your design!)
5. Draw on fangs and lip highlight with Precision ink in Scribe. Precision ink can be layered over its-self to create desired opacity of white.
6. Allow precision ink to dry 3-5 minutes and apply Top Coat.
1. After applying Base Coat, Apply one thick coat of Phallic. (Pro tip: Do not worry about getting this layer completely even, it will add dimension to the sky we are creating!) 2. Allow this layer to dry 3-5 minutes. Dip the small brush in Blow and create a tiny crescent moon. Next dot on very tiny stars with the tip of the brush.
3. Allow to dry at least 5 minutes.
4. Pour out a small puddle of Scorch, then a small puddle of DWS next to it so they are touching.
5. Dip the corner of your makeup sponge into the polish so you get a little of each color on the sponge. Gently dab on clouds.
6. Allow to dry 3-5 minutes, and apply Top Coat.
Recently, I attended an outdoor wedding and wanted to pain my nails a color that would truly evoke the summer sunshine and outside colors, so I choose OPI Nail Polish Nicki Minaj Collection – Did It On ‘Em. I got this shade for free at a press event I attended a few months back, and have been waiting for the perfect event that I would be able to wear it to. The polish is a cross between a lime and a lemon. In bright lightning, it looks very yellow, but under darker lights, it appears neon green. If you could mix the color of the green leaves from the trees with the yellow sun beam from the sky, then this is it in a bottle.
The color goes on a little sloppy, since the consistency is watery. I actually did a double take to make sure this was in fact an OPI nail polish, since it seemed substandard to other polishes within the line that I’ve tried in the past. Even with a steady hand, I felt like the polish was working against me. It took a least three coats before the color was vibrant and opaque, but once it dried, I loved the high shine finish.
You need a lot of patience to use this color. It’s very messy to work with, so go slowly, start with the middle, and work your way out. It took FOREVER to dry. Ten minutes after I applied the polish, I touched it and was left with a fingerprint seal on my nail, so it might be beneficial to use a quick dry spay such as OPI Nail Colour Quick Dry Spray, $12.00 at sephora.com.
Once the color dried it was bright and luminous. It will instantly energize any outfit, and makes your nails stand out. 3/4 stars.
I simply adore the hot new caviar nails trend. Adding little beads reminiscent of caviar adds a 3-dimiessional look to your nails, and is able to be chic without making you look like you work for a circus. This week my sister purchased Ciaté Caviar Manicure™. There are three different head-turning color combos to choose from, and she selected the nail polish in Strawberry Milkshake (opaque pale pink) that comes with Caviar Pearls in Rainbow ($25 at sephora.com).
The nail kit comes with easy to follow instructions. Here are the steps:
1. Apply a base coat.
2. Paint over the base coat with the Strawberry Milkshake nail color.
3. While the nail polish is still wet, sprinkle the pearlescent beads on top of the nails (you need to work very quickly, before the polish dries). We found the best way to do this is to pour the beads directly onto the nails from the bottle, with a small tray underneath to catch the excess.
4. Apply a top coat over the manicure for a long-lasting finish.
What we liked:
- The charming little bow on the nail polish makes the bottle very attractive and stand out on our beauty table – I think it would make a cute gift.
- The kit comes with a small funnel, which allowed us to easily pour unused beads back into the bottle.
- The nails did look professionally done, and my sister received tons of compliments when she went to work the next day.
- There are a variety of different ways you can war the look. You can cover the entire nail with the beads, just apply to the tips, or come up with your own design.
What we didn’t like:
- The Strawberry Milkshake polish was as runny as an actual milkshake. It didn’t go on smoothly and has a very loose consistency.
- As soon as we applied the top-coat, the colors of the beads began to smear.
- Hours after the manicure, the beads began to fall off. By the end of day 2, it looked like a greedy little kid had picked all the sprinkles off of a cupcake and left behind the evidence of little colored stains.
Overall impression: The base polish seems very cheap and is too watery. I would recommend trying the look with a different polish. I think it’s a great option to use a few hours before going out, when you want to wow everyone with glamorous nails. Just be careful when you wave hello to your friends, a bead might dislodge and land in their eye.
It’s official, nude nails (aka foundation nails), are hot in 2012. Flesh-tone nails were prevalent on the runways of Fall 2012 Fashion Week, but made an even stronger appearance on the runways of Spring 2012. It’s a very easy-to-wear tread, often seen on Kate Middleton, but, as much as I am a fan of this chic nail trend, I have my hesitations. Why? Because the right way to wear this new craze is to choose a color that most resembles your natural skin tone, which, in turn, makes you look like you have plastic doll hands. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love Barbie, but I’ve never been a fan of her nails. Something about her corpse-like missing fingernails has always tormented me to the point that I started stealing my mom’s red nail polish to give every doll I owned the manicure they desperately needed. So, the best way to upgrade this trend is to do what Barbie would do (if she had nails) – add some sparkle.
Here’s what I used to get the look:
Konad Image Plate M57
Konad Double Sided Stamp Set
Sephora by OPI Base Coat
Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Polish: Duchesse Lace*
Essie Nail polish in Licorice
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails, Clear
*This color has been discontinued. You can use OPI Did You ‘Ear About Van Gogh? as an alternative, or your favorite shade of nude nail polish.
Step 1: Begin by using a base coat to smooth out and protect nails.
Step 2: Apply 1-2 layers of nude nail polish and wait for nails to completely dry.
Step 3: With black nail polish, use the Konad Double Sided Stamp Set to imprint the basket weave design located on Konad’s Image Plate M57. The instructions on how to do this come with the kit and are very easy to follow. Basically, you put nail polish directly over the design, and use the scraper to rub of excess nail polish. Then, you roll the stamp over the design, and gently roll the stamp onto your nail. Trust me; it’s a lot easier than it sounds!
Step 4: After the black nail design dries, apply a top coat, which will also serve as your “glue” for the rhinestones. Quickly add the rhinestones individually on each nail.
Step 5: Finish with a coating of nail hardener for a long lasting manicure.
Nude nails are great because they go well with almost every outfit, and you don’t have to go see a professional manicurist if you want to update the look from bland to glam. All you need is a little bit of creativity and the right tools, and your nails will look amazing.
For my vacation, my sister decided send me off in style – with fabulous nails. Since I’m going to a tropical island, I wanted a light color that reminded me of the sky or the ocean, so we chose Sephora by OPI in Natural Environ-mint. This was the same color we used when we re-created the Sephora by OPI Cherry Blossom Nail Design a few months ago. Click here to read that post.
In addition to a tropical color, I also wanted flowers, so we used the Konad Image Plate M3 along with the Konad Stamping Nail Art kit to create a floral pattern. Here are the steps to get the look.
1. Apply a base coat. We used Sephora by OPI base coat nail polish.
2. Apply the nail color. Test out any color you like. Coral is this season’s hottest new color, so you can give that a try is you’re not crazy about the blue.
3. Use the Konad Stamping Nail Art kit along with the plate m3. The kit comes with instructions on how to use it. But, basically all you do is apply nail polish to the design, scrape of the excess, use the rubber stamp to pick up the design, and stamp it onto your nail.
4.Apply a top coat over the design for extra staying power. We used Konad’s Top Coat.
5. Just for a little extra jazz (i love anything that blings), we added silver nail polish in the center of each flower. We used Kiss Brush-on Nail Art in SPA10.
5. We finished it off with Sally Hansen’s Hard as Nails hardener, which can also be worn alone to protect nails from breakage.
When I got home last week I was so excited to see a cute red box waiting for me outside my doorstep. I rapidly opened up the box to reveal what I had been waiting for – my “Classic With a Twist” Maven Box, from the Julep Maven program.
Included in my box (pictured below) were:
- Julep Glow On Age Defying Hand Brightner
- Taylor Julep Nail Vernis
- Maya Julep Nail Vernis
- Samples of Julep Glycolic Hand Scrub and SPF 30 Hand Cream
Julep is a boutique nail salon that offers trendy nail colors, as well as hand and foot care products to keep your mani and pedi looking great. They recently launched their Maven Program, where you can take a fun style quiz online, and receive a customized box of products tailored to your style and delivered to your front door for just $19.95 a month (valued over $40). Shipping is free, and you can cancel your membership at anytime. If you don’t like the products that are selected for you, you can request to have another option selected for you, send your box to someone as a gift, or just skip the month.
As a special offer to Delialicious Picks readers, when you sign up for the Maven program using the code DELIALICIOUS at checkout, you will receive your first Julep Maven Sneak Peek Box for just $5!
Disclosure: This review contains products that were provided by a public relations firm for editorial review.
This post was actually a family affair. My sister re-created the OPI Cherry Blossom Nail Design originally curated by nail-artist Sophy Robson, and my mom was our hand model.
Sephora recommends that you use the color Havana Dreams for this look, but we tried Natural Environ-Mint ($9.50), which is a very similar pale-blue color, and it worked perfectly! Havana Dreams is just slightly darker and is described as sheer pale sky blue. Natural Environ-Mint is a little lighter and is described as opaque celadon blue. You can use whichever one you want, or even your own favorite light blue nail polish.
This is Sephora’s version of the Cherry Blossom Nail design:
After following the steps, this is how ours turned out:
Below are the steps you have to follow in order to re-create the nail design, which turned out to be a fairly easy process that only took a few minutes.
Get the Look:
1. Apply two coats of SEPHORA by OPI Nail Colour in Havana Dreams, and let dry.
2. Layer on SEPHORA BY OPI Nail Treatment – 3 in 1 Base, Top, & Strengthener, and let dry.
3. Place SEPHORA by OPI Nail Art Gems on the nails, as in the picture. Cut some of the Nail Art Gems in half and place them along the edges if desired.
4. Use a fine-tipped synthetic-bristled brush (like SEPHORA COLLECTION Professionnel Pointed Liner/Eyeliner Brush #17) to draw lines for branches with SEPHORA by OPI Nail Colour in What’s a Tire Jack?.
5. Seal with another coat of SEPHORA by OPI Nail Treatment – 3 in 1 Base, Top & Strengthener.
This was so simple, so give it a try. You can view all the other nail art designs here»
For this 4th of July I decided to show off pride for my country by painting my nails red, white and blue! To accomplish this task, I used the Konad Nail Stamp Art kit. The kit comes with stencil plates, nail polish, rubber stamps and a scraper. What I like about the Konad kit I used is that it allows you to get creative, so I was excited to get to work!
Since our nations flag is red white and blue, I made sure the colors were reflected prominently in the nail designs. I first painted my nails with a base coat and then color. For the first design I chose a blue base, and for the second design I chose to use white as my base color.
For both looks, I selected stencil designs of star patterns. Using a small dab of polish, I placed the nail polish over the design I chose and used the Konad scraper to rub off any excess nail polish. Next, I gently rolled the stamp over the design. Then, using the same rolling motion, I rolled the design on the stamp onto my nail. It was so easy!
To make the design on my blue nails even more patriotic, I used a thin brush to pipe red lines onto the tips of my nails, and then piped a shimmery silver color in between the empty spaces. I finished off each nail artwork with a clear top coat.
The possibilities are endless when using nail stencils to create a variety of styles this summer. So have fun and get creative!
Guest Post and photography submitted by Jolevette.