If you’re like me and suffer for skin irritations such as eczema, you’re always on the lookout for gentle products that won’t cause any kind of skin discomfort, especially when it comes to showering. This is why I’m excited to have discovered Pura Botania’s All Natural Cleansing Bars, which are made with organic ingredients and essential oils. The soap bars lather nicely and rinse off cleanly, leaving behind baby soft skin.
My favorite so far is the Chai Vanilla soap bar, which uses finely ground vanilla beans to gently exfoliate the skin, while botanical ingredients nourishes and leaves behind the sweet aromas of vanilla and chai.
What I like most about the ingredients in the bar, is that I can actually pronounce everything on the label.
The Natural Cleansing Bars retail for $7.00 on puraproducts.com.
Now that Spring is finally upon us and the weather is warming up, it’s time to get ready to ditch the winter hats and reveal those gorgeous locks thatt have been tucked away for the last few months. Give your hair a glamorous makeover at The Red Door, with their new express beauty service, Red Carpet Blow Dry, which deep conditions to instantly repair and smooth hair for a silky, shiny finish in just 15 minutes. The professional results may last up to 3 shampoos and can be added as an enhancement to any hair service. Created for all hair colors and lengths, this treatment is available at all Red Door Spa locations.
For a limited time, The Red Door is offering $10 off you next blowout. Here’s how you can take advantage of this special promotion:
1. Snap a selfie of you fabulous blowout
2. Post it on Instagram between now and March 31, using #TheRedDoorGal and @RedDoorSpa
3. Show to the front desk team upon checkout and receive $10 off your blowout.
Who doesn’t like taking selfies or getting a fabulous blowout? Hurry over to your nearest Red Door location. The Selfie Cash promotion ends March 31st.
Ck one color global makeup artist Kayleen McAdams, gave Jessica Biel her girl-next-door simple makeup look on the red carpet. “I wanted to do something really fresh, light and feminine” said McAdams. “There were so many beautiful pastels in her dress, so I played with those tones.” Here’s how to get the look:
1. I prepped Jessica’ skin with moisturizing face and eye products, Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration and Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, to give her makeup a good base to stick to.
2. Then, I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply ck one 3-in-1 face makeup with SPF 8 in fair 200, followed by ck one 3-in-1 concealer in light 1 underneath the eyes, around the nose, and along the edges of her mouth to even out her skin.
3. I used Charlotte Tilbury Sculpt and Highlight Powder on the tops of Jessica’s cheekbones, down her nose, and on her cupid’s bow.
4. I finished her skin with ck one cream + powder blush duo in breath 100 right on the apples of her cheeks and set it with the powder side of the product to give the look staying power throughout the night.
5. For Jessica’s eyes, I started by using a fluffy brush to apply ck one cream + powder bronzer duo in deeply bronzed 400 all over the lid.
6. Then, I used ck one powder eyeshadow in expose and evolved on the inner corners of the eye and along the lash line at the outer corners.
7. I completed her eye with two coats of ck one volumizing mascara on the top lashes to pump up the lashes.
8. Then, I applied the same mascara onto an eyelash comb and combed through the bottom lashes to slightly darken them.
9. For Jessica’s lips, I used Tarte Lip Surgence in Lucky to cover her whole lip with a matte pink; I also used this product in the center of her lips to give dimension and add moisture to her look.
10. Lastly, I gave Jessica’s lips a good coating of Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Lip Balm to soak in while I did her eyes.
THE PRODUCTS AT-A-GLANCE:
EYE CREAM: Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
MOISTURIZER: Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration
FOUNDATION: ck one 3-in-1 face makeup with SPF 8 in fair 200
CONCEALER: ck one 3-in-1 concealer in light 1
BRONZER: ck one cream + powder bronzer duo in deeply bronzed 400
EYE SHADOWS: ck one powder eyeshadow in expose and evolve
MASCARA: ck one volumizing mascara in extreme black
LIP TINT: Tarte Lip Surgence in Lucky
LIP BALM: Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Moisturizing Lip Balm
On November 29th, customers at Fresh retail stores throughout the city will receive a FREE Fresh Life Eau de Parfum Rollerball with any $100 purchase. Use #FreshLifeFriday to tweet about your experience on November 29th!
MAKE UP FOR EVER
Black Friday AND Cyber Monday: Purchase two full size Aqua Shadows available in two shade variations (20E & 28E and 2E & 30E), for $10 (a 75% discount) at Sephora/Sephora.com from 11/29 – 12/1
‘GREEN’ Friday: 50% off all Nourish Organic products using promo code “GREEN50” at check out on www.NourishOrganic.com
Cyber Monday: 25% off all Nourish Organic products using promo code “CYBER25” at check out on www.NourishOrganic.com
Vapour Organic Beauty
Black Friday AND Cyber Monday: 30% off all Vapour Organic Beauty products (excluding samples) from Wednesday, 11/27 through midnight Monday, 12/2 using promo code “BLACKFRIDAY13” at check out on www.VapourBeauty.com
- Stylebell.com Sitewide Promotion: From now until 12/22/13, receive 20% off all orders over $100 + Free Shipping over $25 using the Coupon Code: HOLIDAY20
- Babyliss Appliance Promotion: Purchase the brand new Babyliss MiraCurl Nano Titanium Curl Machine from Black Friday (11/29/13)—Cyber Tuesday (12/3/13) and receive all 5 After Care Products FREE including:
- Babyliss Pro MiraCurl Curl Prep 8 oz.
- Babyliss Pro MiraCurl Curl Foundation 6 oz.
- Babyliss Pro MiraCurl Defining Spray 8 oz.
- Babyliss Pro MiraCurl Hair Spray 10 oz.
- Babyliss Pro MiraCurl Thermal Shine Spray 4 oz.
- Maijan Promotion: Purchase the new Maijan Pure Argan Oil & Mint Hydrating Shampoo 12 oz. and receive the Maijan Pure Argan Oil & Mint Hydrating Conditioner 12 oz. for FREE! Cyber Monday 12/2.
- One Day Maijan Promotion: Take 30% off all Maijan Products including Argan Oils, New Shampoos & Conditioners,& Facial Steamers on Cyber Monday 12/2/13.
- Keratin Complex Promotion: All Keratin Complex products including shampoos, conditioners, after care products, and appliances will be 20% off Black Friday 11/29/13 through Cyber Tuesday 12/3/13.
What is it?: bareMinerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara
What it does: After just two coats, its Exclusive NutriPlumpTM formula dramatically plumps lashes up to 600%* for unheard-of thickness, fullness and flutter.
The Brush: It’s a very soft bristle brush that expertly picks up just enough of the product that you need, without having to remove off too much excess.
The Effect: Va VA VOOM! Check out my before and after photo below. My lashes were instantly fuller, longer and darker. I didn’t even curl my lashes before applying the mascara. It also gave my lashes great depth. I don’t have any eyeliner on in the photo below.
Bottom Line: An absolute must-have for a dramatic look without having to apply false lashes.
Disclourse: I received this mascara for review from planetbeauty.com. They will be sponsoring a giveaway of this mascara on Monday with 3 luck winners, so stay tuned.
GET THE LOOK: STACY KEIBLER AT THE GOLDEN GLOBES
Stacy Keibler looked polished and fresh from head to toe at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday, January 13, 2013. Celebrity Makeup Artist Kathy Jeung accentuated Stacy’s natural beauty with a soft bronzed eye and pretty pink pout using VS Makeup products.
Prep skin with VS PRO Airbrush FX Oil-Free Face Primer to give skin a smooth canvas to apply makeup. Then, with a flat foundation brush, apply foundation in broad sections over face and neck and blend with water moistened beauty sponge.
Lightly dust VS PRO Flawless FX Translucent Finishing Powder over entire face for a flawless finish.
Brush VS PRO Light FX Eye-Brightening Pen on the concave area under the eye and then blend and set using your ring finger in a tapping motion and also brush along the length of nose.
For glowing skin and added dimension, shade VS Makeup Pressed Mineral Bronzing Powder in Bronze Ambitionjust slightly above the concave of the cheekbone and softly dust under chin, jaw and along her hairline. Last, apply VS Makeup Baked Mineral Bronzing Powder in Goddess on temples and up high on the outer cheeks to add a luminous, bronze glow.
Use VS Makeup Eye Shadow Quad in Eye Contact and dust the highlight color all over eye area up to brow bone and then accentuate the crease using the crease shadow. Sweep on the golden bronze shade all over the lid and use the crease shade along the outer part of the lash line. For some extra warmth, add the base shade all along the lower lash line.
Using VS Makeup Kajal Liner in Black Magic, draw along the outer upper lash line and then smudge the line to add soft, subtle dimension.
Last, apply two coats of VS Makeup Extra Lengthening Mascara in Blackest Black on the upper and lower lashes, using brush vertically first to really enhance the inner corner lashes.
Apply VS Makeup Luminous Mineral Blush Duo in Starlet to the apples of the cheeks to give a flushed glow.
Prep lips with VS PRO Pout FX Lip Primer & Definer to keep the lip liner and color in place.
Line lips with VS Makeup Lip Liner in Blushing Nude.
Pat on VS Makeup Color Drama Lipstick in Pulse with her fingertip to add a stain of color to the lip.
Finish with VS Makeup Brilliant Lip Shine Extreme in Sunset Strip for pretty, shimmery pout.
GET THE LOOK: MIRANDA KERR AT THE GOLDEN GLOBES
Supermodel Miranda Kerr looked right at home on the red carpet at the Golden Globes. To get her showstopping look, follow these easy steps from Celebrity Makeup Artist Lisa Storey.
Prep skin with VS PRO Airbrush FX Bronzing Primer for a natural, all-over glow.
Lightly dust VS PRO Flawless FX Translucent Finishing Powder over entire face for a flawless finish.
For touchups, dab VS PRO Anti-Shine FX Oil-Free Mattifier on high-shine areas, like the center of the forehead, nose and chin.
Before applying eye shadow, prep lids with VS PRO Lasting FX Eye Shadow Primer to create a smooth and long-lasting base.
Hide dark shadows under eyes with VS PRO Camouflage FX Universal Concealer Palette. Apply VS PRO Light FX HD Eye Brightening Pen around the entire eye area and blend up into cheekbones to lighten and brighten dark shadows and conceal fine lines.
Using VS Makeup Eye Shadow Quad in Eye Contact, apply the lid color all over lids, blending up into the crease and out towards the outer corner of the eye. Use the same color under the bottom lashes. Apply the highlight color under the brow bone and add a touch to the inner corners to open the eyes.
Define upper and lower lashlines with VS Precision Liquid Liner in Black, exaggerating the outer edges for an eye-opening effect.
Using VS Brow Pencil and Brush Duo in Brunette, fill in brows for extra definition.
Finish with two coats of VS Makeup Volume Lift Mascara in Black.
Apply VS Makeup Luminous Mineral Blush Duo in Meet Up to apples of cheeks for a sexy flush.
Prep lips with VS PRO Pout FX Lip Primer and Definer. Complete the red carpet look with a swipe of VS Makeup Color Drama Lipstick in Intensity.
“Get the Look” instructions provided by VS Beauty
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
19,000 people fit into the new Barclays Center to see Jay-Z perform. This blog was viewed about 67,000 times in 2012. If it were a concert at the Barclays Center, it would take about 4 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
On Tuesday, October 9th, I had the opportunity to visit Redken’s New York City Headquarters to learn more about Curvaceous, a new hair care and styling line specially formulated for loose waves to curly hair. The products employ cutting edge technology such as sugar crystals and moringa oil to restore curly’s hear vitality and reduce frizz by up to 97% for up to three days.
Curvaceous consists of seven different products: Cream Shampoo, Conditioner, Curl Diva nourishing mask, Wind Up reactivating spray, Ringlet perfecting lotion, Full Swirl cream serum, and Wave Ahead texturizing mousse.
As a curly haired girl, I’m excited about the launch of this line. The main product that caught my attention is the conditioner, which can be rinsed out after shampooing, or left in to be blended with other products for extra definition.
The in Full Swirl 2-in-1 cream serum is also a must-have. The swirl formula mixes a serum with a lightweight cream to control frizz and lock-in moisture.
Not sure which products in the line would be right for you? There’s an app for that. Using Redken’s Style Station app, customers and stylists are able to receive a customized regimen after making a number of selections about hair ringlets, including hair type and curl pattern. By simply touching the screen on an iPad or iPhone, hair literally moves and bounces off the screen as you make your selections, creating the ultimate interactive experience. The system is able to create up to 180 regimens, customized for every type of curl and wave, using Curvaceous’ unique mix of products.
So, lately as this blog continues to increase in popularity, I’ve been considering changing the name to something more easier to pronounce. I love the name Delialicious Picks, but I realize that it can be hard to spell, let alone pronounce. So, I’ve been considering shortening the name to Delia’s Picks. What do you think? Vote in the poll below and let me know!