Nectarines are July’s fruit of the month. I’m not sure why, but I’ve seen this statement on a lot of websites this month, so we’ll jump on the bandwagon. Not to be confused with peaches, nectarines have a smooth skin and are lot sweeter in flavor. They contain plenty of good-for-you antioxidants such as bioflavonoids, to help fight off diseases. They are also rich in vitamin C and are a great source of fiber. The sweet aroma is sure to awaken your senses, so try using this nectarine inspired products before starting your day.
1. Organic Indulgence Creamy Body Wash White Nectarine & Orange Blossom, $7.95
2. Anti-Bacterial HandiBac™ Moisturizing Hand Lotion Nectarine Mint®, $4.00
3. Clairol Herbal Essences Body Envy 2 In 1 Volumizing Shampoo + Conditioner, 23.7 oz, $4.97
4. Mediterranean Grape Olive & Nectarine Moisturising Lip Butter, $4.19
5. Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Burst – Nectarine & White Ginger, $5.00
On a hot summer day, the mind can’t help but to drift off to fantasies of cool blue waters splashing against warm skin, and tranquil breezes lightly rustling through trees. Just because you can’t be engulfed by ocean waves, doesn’t mean you can’t splash yourself with fragrances to ignite your aqua dreams, and trick your nasal senses with the illusion that you are just a few steps away from the beach.
1. Thierry Mugler Angel Aqua Chic, $85.00
2. Escada Island Kiss, $55.00
3. Demeter’s Salt Air, starting at $6.00
5. Bath & Body Works® Sea Island Cotton®, $29.50
6. Davidoff Cool Water for Women Eau de Toilette , $52.00
One thing I look forward to the most during the holiday season is when companies come out with limited-edition bath & body products that tempt the senses with the smells of Christmas tidings. From eggnog body wash to vanilla bean chapstick, I stock up on these products, because they only come around once a year. They also make the perfect little stocking stuffers for both male and females. Here are some of the greats from around the web:
1. Candied Ginger Shower, Scrub & Moisture Set ($25.00).
2. Holiday Scented Candle- The smell of the holidays—pine, woods, cinnamon and bitter orange (4 oz $9.50).
3. Men’s Peppermint Body Cleansing Gel ($22.00).
4. Vanilla Bean Noel – This adorable striped mini mailbox holds travel-sizes of Shower Gel, Body Lotion and Fragrance Mist ($9.25).
5. Holiday Ornament Bundle – enjoy peppermint bark, the gingerbread girl and cinnamon buns shampoo, shower gel & bubble baths 2 oz. (18.00).
6. Favorite Fragrances Bubbly Body Washes Set – Almond Cookie Body Cleansing Gel, 8 fl oz; Orange Ambrosia Body Cleansing Gel, 8 fl oz; Goddess Flower Body Cleansing Cream, 8 fl oz; An Exfoliating Body Loofah ($30.00).
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and I can’t help but to begin fantasizing about all the yummy foods that will be laid before me. During Thanksgiving dinner, I skip the main course and go straight to the goodies: the side dishes and dessert…yum! Here are some beauty products inspired by Thanksgiving side dishes and desserts, you might want to try…just be sure not to add them onto your plate
Cranberry Sauce – What’s a Thanksgiving meal without cranberry sauce? Sweet and salty cranberry jelly is the perfect accompaniment to turkey, and now, your hands. I adore this mini Winter Cranberry hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works.
Sweet potatoes – I love the taste of creamy, nutmeg-seasoned sweet potatoes. In my house, sweet potatoes aren’t complete unless they are topped with soft, chunky marshmallows. Just the thought of it, is making my mouth water, which is why I love the idea of a sweet potato flavored lip balm.
Pumpkin Pie – Perhaps the food that is most synonymous with Thanksgiving, other than turkey, is pumpkin pie. No Thanksgiving meal wouldn’t be complete without the spice-infused dessert, and now you can take a shower with it…well, not an actual pie, but when you’re lathering on this Spiced Pumpkin Bath & Shower Gel from The Body Shop, you will swear a pie is baking in your oven.
Pecan Pie – Nothing beats the smell of pecans smothered in a sweet butter sauce and baked to perfection, so why wouldn’t you want to rub that decadence onto your body? These pecan pie sugar scrubs are infused with maple syrup, and can be used as a skin exfoliator, or as a 1 minute facial.
Mother’s Day – the one time of year I dread as I spend countless hours of the days leading up to it, mulling over what to get for my mom, who has everything and wants nothing. After weeks of wondering, searching, asking and now finally finding, I am relieved that I will be able to shower her with the perfect gift I’m sure she’ll adore (but what that gift is shall remain a secret in case she becomes technically savvy and figures out how to use the internet and read this blog). Anyway, during my search, I starting thinking that there must be plenty of other people out there going through the same thing, so I have scoured the web to find the best, inexpensive gifts that any mom would treasure and love to receive.
This chocolate gift set lets you wish your mom a happy Mother’s Day with beautifully decorated petits fours. Now that’s a sweet way to let her know how you feel!
If you mom love flowers or gardening, then she will love this Watering Can gift set, featuring Sweat Pea, Bath & Body’s award winning fragrance. The tin comes filled with a full-size Signature Collection Shower Gel (10 oz.), Body Lotion (8 oz.), Fragrance Mist (8 oz.), and Bubble Bath (10 oz.) An adorable flower sponge and a Scentportable is also included in the set.
What woman doesn’t love jewelry? Honor your mother with a stunning “eternity” pendant (chain included), featuring diamond-cut Austrian crystals. The greatest thing about this gift is the box it comes in displays a heartfelt message which reads:
A Mother’s Love Is Forever
A Precious Gift To Treasure
Warmth On Which You Can Depend
Like This Sparkling Circle, It Has No End
Enjoy, and Happy Mother’s Day to the wonderful women out there who have given us the gift of life!