In celebration of Virgin Atlantic’s 30th anniversary, cosmetics brand Illamasqua has partnered with the airline to launch the newest color in its Glamore Lipstick collection called “Virgin.” The hue was developed specifically to match Virgin Atlantic’s famous pantone red and will be worn by all Virgin Atlantic Stewardess.
“A key part of our look has always been the iconic red lips and Illamasqua really understands color and their lipsticks are known for their high pigmentation content which really makes them stand out from the crowd,” said Rebecca Creer, Global Spas and Styling Manager for Virgin Atlantic. “The new Virgin colour they have created complements our new uniform beautifully and will take the iconic Virgin red lip into the future.”
The new shade, which became available for sale to the public in early September for $26, is long-lasting and durable enough to within stand long flights, the company claims. The hydrating, satin finish lipstick goes on smoothly and is the perfect red for the fall.
In addition to developing the classic red lipstick, the team at Illamasqua also developed a new fresh make-up look for Virgin Atlantic Stewardess which features soft natural definition to the eyes and brows, as well as subtle contouring in order to create a complementary shape to the face.
Consumers can recreate the classic Virgin Atlantic look with an exclusive bundle available for purchase on illamasqua.com.
So, you know that Whole Foods is packed with yummy, good-for-you food, but did you know that you can get some amazing beauty products there? Case and point: Illuminating Beauty Balm SPF 9.
I’ve tended to stay away for BB creams, because no matter how many of them I’ve tried nothing really seem to match my skin perfectly. I also don’t feel like most BB creams live up to the hype – I am able to get a flawless look from the same tinted moisturizer I’ve been using since the 10th grade. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled upon Mineral Fusion’s Illuminating Beauty Balm, a hypo-allergenic, fragrance free all-in-one BB cream.
The product comes in one universal shade that matches all skin tones. At first, I didn’t believe this product stood a chance in matching my olive complexion when I saw the light beige color emerge from the tube, but when I put it on, it blended in seamlessly and felt weightless. My large pores were masked, my skin tone was even, and I was glowing. Although it is a BB cream, the coverage seems more like a light foundation, as it literally provided me with a flawless complexion.
The BB cream is formulated with skin-soothing aloe and nourishing botanicals to provide long-lasting hydration, and also includes a unique mineral-peptide blend and natural anti-oxidants to promote younger looking skin. It also contains SPF to protect against the sun’s harmful rays.
What is it: All-in-one: Makeup + moisturizer + age-defying treatment + sun protection.
Cost: $24.99 at mineralfusion.com or Whole Foods.
So we’ve all been there: after applying flawless makeup you go to set everything with finishing power and you are left with a powdery mess all over your face that settles into fine lines and looks unnatural. MAKE UP FOR EVER’s new HD Pressed Powder eliminates the possibility of ruining your makeup with cakey residue with a mess-free, lightweight finishing powder that goes on virtually invisible and sets makeup without leaving behind any trace of color.
What is does:
A combination of hyaluronic acid, synthetic mica, silicone powders and silica, the powder aims to instantly blur the appearance of fine lines, large pores, shine and other skin imperfections.
How it feels:
It’s silky and lightweight.
Why I like it:
No matter how many time a day I use oil blotting sheets, my oily skin just doesn’t behave, so I’ve been apply this transparent powder throughout the day to keep shine away. No matter how often I reapply it, the product never builds up, blends seamlessly, and instantly matifies my skin for a naturally flawless and airbrushed look. I can use it over foundation to create a luminous finish or by itself for a smooth out imperfections.
Because the product is pressed it’s easy to carry around in your purse, without having to worry about tit spilling inside your bag. It also comes with a handy mirror, making quick touch ups a breeze.
A little bit goes a long way. It helps to use the right kind of brush such as MAKE UP FOR EVER’s #124 Medium Kabuki Brush.
$36 (available exclusively at Sephora)
What: Unleash your inner radiance with the SEPHORA + PANTONE UNIVERSE Color of the Year Collection in Radiant Orchid. Be among the first to experience Radiant Orchid’s deeply flattering flush and ravishing glow:
- Reveal your radiance: Receive a custom Radiant Orchid makeover for eyes, lips, and cheeks from our expert artistry team
- Get creative: Learn personalized tricks and techniques to incorporate the exclusive, limited-edition Color of the Year Collection into your look
- Get educated: Take home a complimentary look book with a professional step by step guide to master exhilarating new looks at home*
- Beauty Insiders Get Rewarded: Leave with an official SEPHORA + PANTONE UNIVERSE Pouch—free with your personalized Color of the Year consultation and any $25 purchase.**
When: Friday, March 14th to Sunday, March 16th/ 12pm – 6pm
Where: ALL SEPHORA STORES
*While supplies last.
**Sign up for a complimentary Beauty Insider account at your local Sephora or by logging on to Sephora.com.
Appointments preferred. Walk-ins welcome.
Ck one color global makeup artist Kayleen McAdams, gave Jessica Biel her girl-next-door simple makeup look on the red carpet. “I wanted to do something really fresh, light and feminine” said McAdams. “There were so many beautiful pastels in her dress, so I played with those tones.” Here’s how to get the look:
1. I prepped Jessica’ skin with moisturizing face and eye products, Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration and Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, to give her makeup a good base to stick to.
2. Then, I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply ck one 3-in-1 face makeup with SPF 8 in fair 200, followed by ck one 3-in-1 concealer in light 1 underneath the eyes, around the nose, and along the edges of her mouth to even out her skin.
3. I used Charlotte Tilbury Sculpt and Highlight Powder on the tops of Jessica’s cheekbones, down her nose, and on her cupid’s bow.
4. I finished her skin with ck one cream + powder blush duo in breath 100 right on the apples of her cheeks and set it with the powder side of the product to give the look staying power throughout the night.
5. For Jessica’s eyes, I started by using a fluffy brush to apply ck one cream + powder bronzer duo in deeply bronzed 400 all over the lid.
6. Then, I used ck one powder eyeshadow in expose and evolved on the inner corners of the eye and along the lash line at the outer corners.
7. I completed her eye with two coats of ck one volumizing mascara on the top lashes to pump up the lashes.
8. Then, I applied the same mascara onto an eyelash comb and combed through the bottom lashes to slightly darken them.
9. For Jessica’s lips, I used Tarte Lip Surgence in Lucky to cover her whole lip with a matte pink; I also used this product in the center of her lips to give dimension and add moisture to her look.
10. Lastly, I gave Jessica’s lips a good coating of Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Lip Balm to soak in while I did her eyes.
THE PRODUCTS AT-A-GLANCE:
EYE CREAM: Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
MOISTURIZER: Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration
FOUNDATION: ck one 3-in-1 face makeup with SPF 8 in fair 200
CONCEALER: ck one 3-in-1 concealer in light 1
BRONZER: ck one cream + powder bronzer duo in deeply bronzed 400
EYE SHADOWS: ck one powder eyeshadow in expose and evolve
MASCARA: ck one volumizing mascara in extreme black
LIP TINT: Tarte Lip Surgence in Lucky
LIP BALM: Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Moisturizing Lip Balm
MAKE UP FOR EVER and Bliss want to help you perfect your pout and define your lip style with a complimentary spa treatment for your lips with the NEW Bliss Fabulips ‘Pout’-o-Matic, a spa-powered lip-perfecting tool. Attendees will also have the chance to meet with a MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist for a personalized lip lesson including a color consultation to identify a signature lip shade from the MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist collection. Appointments will finally be finished off with a 3 step lip lining technique tutorial.
MAKE UP FOR EVER Boutique in Sephora
New York, NY 10012
Book your complimentary appointment today and receive a special treat with any purchase. Appointments can be booked by calling the boutique directly.
This month MAKE UP FOR EVER introduced the company’s latest innovation in the iconic HD range: HD Blush. The professional quality product features silicone oils, dry oils and waxes for seamless blending and maximum staying power. The formula also includes mother-of-pearl and pigments that give skin a natural flush of color, as well as silica powders and synthetic mica for a satin-smooth finish. The lightweight compact features a mirror for on-the-go touch-up in the sleek black packaging MAKE UP FOR EVER is known for.
Available in 16 shades ranging from light to medium to tan, there is a color in the line for every skin tone. Pick one up at Sephora.com or MAKE UP FOREVER boutiques for $26.
It’s official. Pantone announced its 2014 color of the year and it’s radiant orchid, a whimsical purple hue that according to Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, “inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health.” What this means is in 2014, expect to see an abundance of the purple shade in everything from beauty products to fashion accessories. Want to get a jumpstart on the trend before the 2014? Here are some purple orchid inspired beauty products available now.
1. Victoria’s Secret Seduction Dark Orchid Fragrance Mist, $25.00
2. Too Faced Exotic Color Intense Eye Shadow – Poison Orchid, $18.00
3. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Orchid Hush, $7.99
4. Fresh Orchid Nail Polish $2.80
5. Vivid Shine Lipstick – NEW Chrome Metal Effect, Mirrored Orchid, $26.00
6. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Orchid – lavender shimmer, $26.00
On November 29th, customers at Fresh retail stores throughout the city will receive a FREE Fresh Life Eau de Parfum Rollerball with any $100 purchase. Use #FreshLifeFriday to tweet about your experience on November 29th!
MAKE UP FOR EVER
Black Friday AND Cyber Monday: Purchase two full size Aqua Shadows available in two shade variations (20E & 28E and 2E & 30E), for $10 (a 75% discount) at Sephora/Sephora.com from 11/29 – 12/1
‘GREEN’ Friday: 50% off all Nourish Organic products using promo code “GREEN50” at check out on www.NourishOrganic.com
Cyber Monday: 25% off all Nourish Organic products using promo code “CYBER25” at check out on www.NourishOrganic.com
Vapour Organic Beauty
Black Friday AND Cyber Monday: 30% off all Vapour Organic Beauty products (excluding samples) from Wednesday, 11/27 through midnight Monday, 12/2 using promo code “BLACKFRIDAY13” at check out on www.VapourBeauty.com
- Stylebell.com Sitewide Promotion: From now until 12/22/13, receive 20% off all orders over $100 + Free Shipping over $25 using the Coupon Code: HOLIDAY20
- Babyliss Appliance Promotion: Purchase the brand new Babyliss MiraCurl Nano Titanium Curl Machine from Black Friday (11/29/13)—Cyber Tuesday (12/3/13) and receive all 5 After Care Products FREE including:
- Babyliss Pro MiraCurl Curl Prep 8 oz.
- Babyliss Pro MiraCurl Curl Foundation 6 oz.
- Babyliss Pro MiraCurl Defining Spray 8 oz.
- Babyliss Pro MiraCurl Hair Spray 10 oz.
- Babyliss Pro MiraCurl Thermal Shine Spray 4 oz.
- Maijan Promotion: Purchase the new Maijan Pure Argan Oil & Mint Hydrating Shampoo 12 oz. and receive the Maijan Pure Argan Oil & Mint Hydrating Conditioner 12 oz. for FREE! Cyber Monday 12/2.
- One Day Maijan Promotion: Take 30% off all Maijan Products including Argan Oils, New Shampoos & Conditioners,& Facial Steamers on Cyber Monday 12/2/13.
- Keratin Complex Promotion: All Keratin Complex products including shampoos, conditioners, after care products, and appliances will be 20% off Black Friday 11/29/13 through Cyber Tuesday 12/3/13.