So you’ve got the perfect costume to wear on All Hallows’ Eve, but have you got the perfect makeup look figured out to complement your goulish getup? If not, head on over to Make Up For Ever’s free-standing boutiques, located within Sephora stores across the country, and get a fabulous makeup applications to add artistic flair for any look, whether it be a fairytale princess or wicked witch.
After Halloween is over, the fun will continue, as the makeup services will be offered through November 2nd. Check out the flyer below to learn more.
Note: Services are offered by appointment only.
Thanks to the blockbuster hit The Great Gatsby and the TV series Boardwalk Empire, the roaring 20s has become a major trend for Halloween in 2013. For those of you donning a chic flapper dress, here’s how to get the perfect makeup look and hair.
How to Get the Look
- Spritz a two-inch section of hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Hairspray. Using a one-inch barrel curling iron, curl the section away from your face.
- Gently slide curl off the iron so it holds the shape of the barrel, and pin. Repeat over entire head. Let curls set for at least 30 minutes.
- While curls set, prep skin with moisturizer, and then apply COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation with a foundation brush for even coverage. Set with pressed powder.
- Dust cheekbones with bronzer for definition, then apply rosy-pink blush to the apples of cheeks.
- Use bronzer and pressed powder to create a neutral smoky eye. Sweep pressed powder over the entire lid and blend bronzer in the crease.
- Apply COVERGIRL Ink It! By Perfect Point Plus in Black eyeliner to upper and lower lashlines, extending the line slightly beyond the outer corners of eyes. Coat top and bottom lashes generously with mascara.
- Finish with a red lipstick like COVERGIRL LipPerfection Lip Color in Hot and layer with COVERGIRL Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm in Tweet Me for a glossy look.
- Release curls and brush to create subtle waves. Smooth flyaways with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extreme SMOOTH Combing Crème.
My favorite time of year is coming up in a few short days- Halloween! This blog was founded on that spooktacular holiday two years ago, and what better way to get in the spirit than to make sure that our nails are painted with creative Halloween designs.
British beauty brand Illamasqua’s US Nail Art Ambassador Fleury Rose came up with three DIY nail art designs, featuring Illamasqua’s highly pigmented, long-wearing Nail Varnishes. Below are the step-by-step instructions on how you can get the looks.
1. After applying base coat, paint nails with two coats of Scorn black matte polish. Allow nails to dry for 3-5 minutes
2. Pour out a small amount of scorch onto tin foil. Dip the large end of a dotting tool into white polish and dot onto nail. Repeat step 3 times on each nail. (Pro tip: if polish gets stringy, pour a fresh puddle of Scorn onto foil and continue process.) Allow white dots to dry 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour a small puddle of Serenity onto foil. With the small end of a dotting tool dip into rubber blue polish and dot in the very center of each white circle. Repeat on each nail. Allow to dry 3-5 minutes
4. Dip the point of a tooth pick into Scorn and gently dot a tiny black point into the center of each eye.
5. After drying add optional top coat for a shiny finish, or stay matte.
1. After applying Base coat, paint nails with two coats of Aorta and let dry 3-5 minutes
2. Dip small brush in Boosh, and paint a tiny triangle at the top of the nail. This will create the bow of the lips.
3. Next, paint an oval shape in the center of the red nail to create the opening of the mouth.
4. Allow to dry for 5 minutes (Pro tip: Allowing polish to dry before drawing on nail is very important, or you may smudge the whole thing and ruin your design!)
5. Draw on fangs and lip highlight with Precision ink in Scribe. Precision ink can be layered over its-self to create desired opacity of white.
6. Allow precision ink to dry 3-5 minutes and apply Top Coat.
1. After applying Base Coat, Apply one thick coat of Phallic. (Pro tip: Do not worry about getting this layer completely even, it will add dimension to the sky we are creating!) 2. Allow this layer to dry 3-5 minutes. Dip the small brush in Blow and create a tiny crescent moon. Next dot on very tiny stars with the tip of the brush.
3. Allow to dry at least 5 minutes.
4. Pour out a small puddle of Scorch, then a small puddle of DWS next to it so they are touching.
5. Dip the corner of your makeup sponge into the polish so you get a little of each color on the sponge. Gently dab on clouds.
6. Allow to dry 3-5 minutes, and apply Top Coat.
This may sound crazy, but Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year. Spooky ghouls and goblins aside, it’s the holiday that the closest to my birthday (October 25th), and the one time of year my Dietitian-father cannot scold me for hoarding copious amounts of chocolate-covered everything. It may not be common knowledge, but this blog was started on Halloween, hence the dark orange-gold and black color theme that pervades throughout everything Delialicious Picks related. And, I don’t know about you, but I plan to celebrate the month in style. Here are some chic, fun accessories that you can throw on to add the spirit of Halloween to your style.
1. Betsy Johnson Spider Charm Cuff Bracelet ($45; betseyjohnson.com).
2. Juicy Couture Limited Edition 2011 Pumpkin Charm ($75; juicycouture.com).
3. Stealstreet Raven Earrings Collectible Crow Bird Accessory Studs Halloween Jewelry($10.99; stealstreet.com).
4. Cara Accessories ‘Critters’ Pavé Spider Stretch Ring ($88; nordstrom.com).
5. Glow in the Dark GRIM REAPER Dangle Belly Ring ($11.99; amazon.com).
6. SilverBin Sterling Silver Oval-cut Created Amethyst Bat Necklace ($24.99; sears.com).
Halloween is just around the corner and whether you decide to be a Fairy Princess or Sultry Vampire Sephora’s Beauty in a Box sets have got you covered, offering inexpensive makeup collections that will get you the best makeup look for your costume, without breaking the bank. I’ve never been the type to dress up on Halloween, so even though these sets are specific to each spooktacular look, I love that they can all still be used after the holiday to achieve multiple beauty trends. As a great bonus, all of the customized sets come with how-to instructions, so you don’t need to be a professional makeup artist to pull any of these looks off.
I decided to purchase the Sephora Beauty in a Box: Vampire collection ($26). The set contains everything you need to channel your inner Twlight, and includes the following products:
– False Lashes
– Colorful Mono Eyeshadow in Rock n’ Roll Never Dies
– Retractable Waterproof Lip Liner in Red
– Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Red
– Nano Eyeliner in Midnight Black
With the instructions spread out over my sink, I easily applied the false eyelashes, eyeliner and eye shadow, all of which can also be used post-Halloween for a dramatic night-time look (think Kim Kardashian).
It took no more than ten minutes, and before I knew it, I was transformed into a seductive vampire (minus the fangs).
The eyelashes are quite long, so if you do wear them sans costume for a night out on the town, do t rim them and apply a few coats of mascara, so they blend in with your natural lashes.
And remember, red lips never go out of style. The red Ultra Shine lip gloss included in the Vampire kit is the perfect shade for all s kin tones.
After Halloween, wear it alone or over lipstick, but tone down the eye makeup and opt for neutral eye shadow tones instead.
The Sephora Beauty in a Box kits come in other frightful sets including Devil, Peackock, Get Sexy, Vegas Showgirl, and Make Up Tricks & Treats.
If you follow the simple instructions included with each kit, I guarantee your makeup will look scary…in a good way.