Not all of us were lucky enough to be born with naturally defined cheekbones like Angelia Jolie, Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Biel. You can however, “fake it” or give the illusion of a sculpted, slim face. To get the look, you will need a contour palette. Most contour palettes come with step-by-step guides and supply you with everything you need to achieve the look.
If you don’t have a contour palette, no problem! You can create the look of fabulous cheekbones with makeup products your probably already have:
2. Bronzer – Choose a bronzer that is matte, not shimmery. If you don’t have bronzer you can also use a blush that is about three shades darker than your natural skin tone.
But, much more importantly than the products you need to achieve the look, is the technique.
1. Suck in your cheeks or create a “fish face” so that you can clearly see where the hollows of your cheeks would be if your cheekbones were naturally high.
2. Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks (above the crease of your face) towards your ears.
3. While still maintaining your “fish face,” apply the bronzer below the apples of the cheeks along the hollow.
4. Release the fish face, and use a large brush to blend the colors so it looks natural.
5. Add a small dab of highlighter along the top of the cheekbone and blend. This will help your cheeks catch light. You can also add the highlighter down the center of the face.
6. You’re done! And if anyone asks, tell them you have great genetics…