It is estimated that that almost 1.2 million people in the United States have HIV, and 1 in 5 of those are unaware that they are infected. HIV infection can lead to AIDS, and in order to bring attention to AIDS awareness, prevention and treatment, December 1st has been established as World AIDS Day. The theme for this year is, “Leading with Science, Uniting for Action”. Show your support for the fight against HIV & AIDS by rocking the Red Ribbon, or by purchasing items that donate proceeds to AIDS research and awareness. Below are some cool ideas, and click here to learn how you can take action or to find an HIV testing center near you.
- AIDS Awareness Ribbon Pierced Earrings with Red Austrian Crystals, $14.99
- AIDS Awareness bracelet, $28.00 *Ten percent of all AIDS bracelet sales will go to AIDS Foundations.
- M∙A∙C VIVA GLAM, $14.50 *All proceeds goes toward the M∙A∙C AIDS Fund.
- 18K Gold over Sterling Silver Garnet & Diamond Accent Aids Awareness Ribbon Pendant, $27.99
- AIDS Awareness Ribbon Navel Jewelry, $9.99
- Bio-Ionic Limited Edition HIV/AIDS Awareness Freestyle 1″ Styling Iron, $150.00 *Proceeds from sales of this iron will be donated to Until There’s A CureTM Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds & awareness to fight HIV/AIDS.