The Love Flower: Peonies
Peonies are highly fragrant flowers that range from dark red to soft white. When I was doing research on the flower I was surprised to learn all of the history and myths surrounding peonies. In Feng Shui, the flower symbolizes wealth and love (placing these flowers in your home will apparently attract a romantic partner). In some parts of Asia, when the flower is in full bloom, it symbolizes good fortune, success and peace. In Rome, it was believed to protect against evil. And, in ancient Greek mythology, there are multiple versions of a story about Zeus, king of the gods, saving a deity named Paeon, a physician to the gods, by turning him into the flower to avoid being killed by Aesclepius, the god of medicine and healing. Say that three times fast! Regardless of the story, the one fact that remains true is that peonies are stunning luscious flowers with a clean, fresh scent. Try adding some peony inspired products to your vanity to increase your good fortune, keep bad things away, and maybe even attract a special someone into your life.
1. Perlier Pink Peony Hand Cream, $14.50
2. Gentle Toning Lotion with Velvet Peony Extract, $33.00
3. Nordstrom ‘Cassis Leaf & Peony’ Scented Soap Set, $20.00
4. Body Wash Infused Buffer – Peony–Cassis Infusion (2piece), $16.99
5. L’Occitane Pivoine Flora Beauty Cream, $36.00