This holiday season as you stress over what to wear to the countless number of parties you have to attend, you won’t have to stress about your hair. Why? Because below you will find two easy-to-do glamorous hairstyles with step by step instructions from celebrity hairstylists so that you can easily reproduce a head-turning polished look to stand out at your next event.
OLIVIA GARDEN HOLIDAY 2014 – Step-by-Step – Retro Glam
Celebrity Hair Stylist, Julius Michael, shares his tips, techniques, and a step-by-step tutorial on how to recreate the stunning retro glam look see above.
• Begin with damp hair, using the Olivia Garden Divine Wet Detangler to smooth out hair and detangle knots
• Section off the center portion of hair directly above the forehead, securing the rest of the hair behind the head using an Olivia Garden Double Clip
• Blow dry the hair using the Olivia Garden Heat Pro thermal round brush to minimize dry time and protect the hair from heat damage. Style the hair in a curl using upward strokes
• Once hair is dry, set the curl by securing the hair in a roll using another Double Clip
• Move on to the hair on the sides and back of the head, blow drying individual sections of hair outwards and downwards towards the chin
• Once dry, clip each section into a roll to set the curls
• To create volume at the crown, divide the back of the hair into two sections. For the top section, blow dry hair upwards first, then use a downward rolling motion to finish drying before pinning it up into a roll
• Repeat with the bottom section at the back of the head
• To finish the look, apply some extra heat from the blow dryer and spray the set curls with an anti-humidity spray
• Allow the curls to cool for five minutes, and then remove the Double Clips
• Gently brush out the curls using the Olivia Garden Divine 100% Boar brush to add shine
Disheveled French Twist
• Start with day old hair as you’ll have some texture in your hair and it will be easier to manage.
• Use dry shampoo to really boost the texture of your roots (Redken Pillow Proof dry shampoo is excellent). Spray throughout your roots and even the mid-lengths to create body and texture.
• Shake through with your fingers.
• Use a light hairspray for a little hold – Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Hairspray works best as it is a versatile spray. Mist over all and shake up with your hands to really create body and movement.
• Section out the crown and front area and pin to one side.
• Sweep the sides and back together and then twist upwards and pin. Make sure to use hairpins (U shaped pins) so they can really anchor the hair.
• Take your top section and roll under and pin at the crown for a little height in this area.
Loosen the hairline a little with your fingers to work suits your face shape best then add a hair accessory of your choice.
• To finish, add a little shine by misting Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist all over – this is very light but gives just the right amount shine you need.