Ck one color global makeup artist Kayleen McAdams, gave Jessica Biel her girl-next-door simple makeup look on the red carpet. “I wanted to do something really fresh, light and feminine” said McAdams. “There were so many beautiful pastels in her dress, so I played with those tones.” Here’s how to get the look:
1. I prepped Jessica’ skin with moisturizing face and eye products, Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration and Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, to give her makeup a good base to stick to.
2. Then, I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply ck one 3-in-1 face makeup with SPF 8 in fair 200, followed by ck one 3-in-1 concealer in light 1 underneath the eyes, around the nose, and along the edges of her mouth to even out her skin.
3. I used Charlotte Tilbury Sculpt and Highlight Powder on the tops of Jessica’s cheekbones, down her nose, and on her cupid’s bow.
4. I finished her skin with ck one cream + powder blush duo in breath 100 right on the apples of her cheeks and set it with the powder side of the product to give the look staying power throughout the night.
5. For Jessica’s eyes, I started by using a fluffy brush to apply ck one cream + powder bronzer duo in deeply bronzed 400 all over the lid.
6. Then, I used ck one powder eyeshadow in expose and evolved on the inner corners of the eye and along the lash line at the outer corners.
7. I completed her eye with two coats of ck one volumizing mascara on the top lashes to pump up the lashes.
8. Then, I applied the same mascara onto an eyelash comb and combed through the bottom lashes to slightly darken them.
9. For Jessica’s lips, I used Tarte Lip Surgence in Lucky to cover her whole lip with a matte pink; I also used this product in the center of her lips to give dimension and add moisture to her look.
10. Lastly, I gave Jessica’s lips a good coating of Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Lip Balm to soak in while I did her eyes.
THE PRODUCTS AT-A-GLANCE:
EYE CREAM: Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
MOISTURIZER: Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration
FOUNDATION: ck one 3-in-1 face makeup with SPF 8 in fair 200
CONCEALER: ck one 3-in-1 concealer in light 1
BRONZER: ck one cream + powder bronzer duo in deeply bronzed 400
EYE SHADOWS: ck one powder eyeshadow in expose and evolve
MASCARA: ck one volumizing mascara in extreme black
LIP TINT: Tarte Lip Surgence in Lucky
LIP BALM: Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Moisturizing Lip Balm
However perfectly you have styled your hair first thing in the morning, stepping out into pouring rain, hot and humid conditions, wind or snow can all play havoc with your look. It’s important to make sure you are wearing the right hairstyle to hold up to the day’s forecast if you want to avoid a hair disaster!
Our favourite celebrities are a dab-hand at keeping their look polished and red-carpet perfect whatever the season, but with a team of hairdressers and stylists to hand it’s no surprise. Here are our top tips to try at home, inspired by some of the most stylish celebs:
Mary Kate Olsen’s pretty plaits
Heidi-style braids, as worn by Mary Kate Olsen, Kirsten Dunst and Jessica Alba, are the ultimate bad-weather style. Easily done once you have mastered the technique, the style looks best when a little messy and lived-in looking, and is a great way to keep your hair looking good between washes.
Get it by parting your hair and putting in two pig tails. Braid each side and secure with elastic bands (choose metal-free ones to avoid damaging your hair), then take the left plait, wrap across the top of your head, and pin behind the right ear. Repeat with the other side.
Eva Longoria’s Half-Up Look
When the weather’s warm and your hair is naturally more curly, putting half of it up is a good way to achieve a soft and romantic look.
This is simply done by parting your hair down the middle and clipping it up on either side. You could add volume with a little back combing for an evening look. If your hair is too smooth to hold the grips, spraying them with hairspray before putting them in your hair will hold the style more effectively.
Charlize Theron’s low side bun
This is the perfect hairstyle to neaten up your look quickly after being caught out in rain or wind; you will be looking effortlessly elegant in minutes. Simply part hair your on one side, braid it to the end, then wrap into a bun shape to one side and pin, holding with hairspray if you have any to hand. This works best for medium to long styles.
Jessica Biel’s Ponytail with a difference
A ponytail is the surest way to keep your hair from getting ruined by the weather. A slicked-back style will work best for hot days; try smoothing back your hair with a medium hold gel and pull into a tight ponytail at crown height. Create texture in the ends of your hair for some nice contrast, by spritzing salt spray onto the hair and scrunching, for a tousled effect.
For a more glamorous evening look, you can try adding some volume at the front of your head, which is softer and more flattering for your face. Start on day-old hair for better grip, and back-comb gently at the roots. Spray with a strong hairspray, and create a low ponytail. Take a strand from underneath the ponytail, wrap it round the hair band, and pin in place to finish.
Emily Bradbury is a fashion-lover and blogger for popular online jewellery retailer The Jewel Hut, home to over 40 big-name brands; including Pandora, Links of London and Thomas Sabo.
Revlon has released its new ad campaign featuring Jessica Biel for the re-launch of their Fire & Ice collection. The advertisement is a reinterpretation of the original 1952 campaign ad which featured Dorian Leigh wearing a sparkling silver dress, draped in red fabric. Revlon’s Fire & Ice collection will include the re-launch of its matching lips and fingertips parings in a bold, fiery red with prices ranging from $4.99-$8.99.