Pantone recently announced Marsala as the 2015 Color of the Year, but you don’t have to wait until next year to begin incorporating the earthy red-brown hue into your beauty routine. Try adding the color to your nails with CND’s VINYLUX Weekly Polish collection, which includes a variety of Marsala-esque shades.
VINYLUX Weekly Polish is a two-part system consisting of a Color Coat that adheres directly to the nail, eliminating the need for a base coat. The second step, a Top Coat, is formulated with patent-pending ProLight Technology that increases in durability with exposure to natural light. Because the system works with natural light, there is no need for harmful UV/LED lights in order to get a full week of chip-free polish. As an extra bonus, the full system dries in 8 ½ minutes.
See below for some of the Marsala-esque colors available now, as well as some design inspirations.
Just in time for the holidays Pure Ice Nail Polish has released five brand new shades filled with luminous glitter, evoking winter snowflakes, to keep your nails sparkling all season long. The polishes features the long-wear formula Pure Ice is known far, as well as an amazing price – it retails for $1.97 at Walmart stores nationwide. Grab one for yourself, or pick up a few of these dazzling enamels for stocking stuffers.
Shades pictured from Left to Right:
• Santa Merry Me: Iridescent reddish gold polish melody with red hex glitter
• Winter Blues: Iridescent Ice blue and pale gold polish with blue hex glitter
• Gold Peppermints: Icy rose champagne polish with light pink hex glitter
• Pure Icicles: Silver Polish with White hex glitter
• Bling On the Holidays : Pale Champagne Gold polish with 14k gold hex glitter
I love wearing nail polish, but the one thing that I don’t look forward to is taking the color off. Very few removers actually smell good, so I was excited to learn that UK-based nail brand Ciaté has unveiled a newly formulated collection of Chocolate Scented Nail Polish Removers. Decant sugary scents include white, dark, mint and orange chocolate, making the nail polish removal process a yummy treat for your hands and senses. The ammonia-free removers aim to gently remove colors while Vitamins E and B5 work to condition and nourish nails. The removers currently retail for $16 each online.
Even though there are thousands of nail polish colors out on the market, it can still be hard to find the perfect shade you are looking for, whether it’s a glittering red to wear on the holidays or a subdued nude to wear to the office. If you find it challenging to find the perfect shade for your nails or, if you just like to have fun playing with nail polish, then read on. There are a variety of kits available that you can use to create your very own customized nail blend of colors, effects, labels and more.
Ciaté Nail Lab
Newly launched this winter, Ciaté’s Nail Lab kit contains everything you need to create the ultimate nail polish at-home. Featuring salon-quality nail colors, glitter pots, ombre sponge, dotting tool, funnel, and much more, this kit will have you competing with the professionals in no time. And, if you’re feeling overwhelmed the kit comes with a handy recipe cards and instructions so you can easily create the perfect look.
Have you ever thought of a perfect name for a nail polish? Or, if you’re looking for personalized gift to give a nail enthusiast, then check out Pretty Please’s website. First, you select one of 20 colors; then, you get to name the polish whatever you like (there is room for up to 25 characters).
Inspired by coktails, ‘Tini Beauty Lounge, allows customers to create their own custom blends by “cocktailing” colors and effects. You choose your own Mixer (shade altering base coat), Straight Up Color (nail lacquers) and Topper (special effects) to combine in order to create your own signature cocktail color.
Last week I took a yoga class at the gym and when the lights dimmed, I couldn’t help but notice the nails of the girl next to me glowed in the dimly lit room, and I was obsessed. So, this week I happily tested out Ciaté’s Corrupted Neons Manicure Set, which not only gives you glow-in-the-dark nails, but an oh-so-pretty sparkling manicure for the daytime. Here are the steps to get glowing nails using the kit:
Step 1: Remove the bottles from the kit and admire the cute little bow on the polish.
For this review, I used Foam Party which includes:
– 0.45 oz Paint Pots Nail Polish in Boom Box
– 0.45 oz Caviar Pearls in Foam Party
– Mini Black Light Topcoat
Step 2: Apply a clear base coat to nails and allow it to dry completely.
Step 3: Apply two heavy coats of the base color.
Step 4: While nails are still wet, sprinkle the caviar pearls over nails generously, as pictured below.
I received tons of compliments on neon glitter texture of my nails, and this week, when I returned to the gym, I was the one with glowing nails.
The Ciaté Corrupted Neons Manicure Set is available in 4 shades for $25 at Sephora.com.
This 4th of July, showcase your patriotism with polishes from Pure Ice’s Stars & Stripes collection. The collection includes 5 patriotic shades:
- Siren- Crème primary red
- Dazzle Me- Clear base with silver glitter and mirror hex
- Freedom- Red microglitter, red and blue hexes, silver stars
- Superstar- White crème
- Wide Awake- Clear base with bright blue ultrafine and micro glitter
Learn more about Pure Ice and the new collection, but clicking the image above.
A few weeks ago I told you about the launch of Illamasqua’s new Paranormal collection, which features a variety of products with bold hues and unexpected textures. Amongst the new collection are four high-impact limited edition nail varnishes, which look great alone, but under UV light, emit a bright glow for stand-out nails. This week I tested out the UV Glow Nail Varnish in SÉANCE (Paranormal bright violet).
What I like: The color glides on smoothly, making the application virtually mistake proof. Within a matter of minutes my nails were dry so the fact that I was able to paint my nails with a gorgeous color, and run out the house in under an hour is a huge plus. The high shine finish gives you a salon-quality manicure, and the subtle hint of shimmer is playful, without being overdramatic. Séance is also the perfect shade of purple, which is perfect for daytime, but still dramatic enough to complement any nighttime look.
How much is it: $17.00
Where to buy: Sephora or Illamasqua.com
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you know that floras are in this Spring. My sister recently got her nails done, and her nail artist came up with the below design. I love the different colors, patterns and materials used to create the look. What do you think about it?
My favorite time of year is coming up in a few short days- Halloween! This blog was founded on that spooktacular holiday two years ago, and what better way to get in the spirit than to make sure that our nails are painted with creative Halloween designs.
British beauty brand Illamasqua’s US Nail Art Ambassador Fleury Rose came up with three DIY nail art designs, featuring Illamasqua’s highly pigmented, long-wearing Nail Varnishes. Below are the step-by-step instructions on how you can get the looks.
1. After applying base coat, paint nails with two coats of Scorn black matte polish. Allow nails to dry for 3-5 minutes
2. Pour out a small amount of scorch onto tin foil. Dip the large end of a dotting tool into white polish and dot onto nail. Repeat step 3 times on each nail. (Pro tip: if polish gets stringy, pour a fresh puddle of Scorn onto foil and continue process.) Allow white dots to dry 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour a small puddle of Serenity onto foil. With the small end of a dotting tool dip into rubber blue polish and dot in the very center of each white circle. Repeat on each nail. Allow to dry 3-5 minutes
4. Dip the point of a tooth pick into Scorn and gently dot a tiny black point into the center of each eye.
5. After drying add optional top coat for a shiny finish, or stay matte.
1. After applying Base coat, paint nails with two coats of Aorta and let dry 3-5 minutes
2. Dip small brush in Boosh, and paint a tiny triangle at the top of the nail. This will create the bow of the lips.
3. Next, paint an oval shape in the center of the red nail to create the opening of the mouth.
4. Allow to dry for 5 minutes (Pro tip: Allowing polish to dry before drawing on nail is very important, or you may smudge the whole thing and ruin your design!)
5. Draw on fangs and lip highlight with Precision ink in Scribe. Precision ink can be layered over its-self to create desired opacity of white.
6. Allow precision ink to dry 3-5 minutes and apply Top Coat.
1. After applying Base Coat, Apply one thick coat of Phallic. (Pro tip: Do not worry about getting this layer completely even, it will add dimension to the sky we are creating!) 2. Allow this layer to dry 3-5 minutes. Dip the small brush in Blow and create a tiny crescent moon. Next dot on very tiny stars with the tip of the brush.
3. Allow to dry at least 5 minutes.
4. Pour out a small puddle of Scorch, then a small puddle of DWS next to it so they are touching.
5. Dip the corner of your makeup sponge into the polish so you get a little of each color on the sponge. Gently dab on clouds.
6. Allow to dry 3-5 minutes, and apply Top Coat.
Recently, I attended an outdoor wedding and wanted to pain my nails a color that would truly evoke the summer sunshine and outside colors, so I choose OPI Nail Polish Nicki Minaj Collection – Did It On ‘Em. I got this shade for free at a press event I attended a few months back, and have been waiting for the perfect event that I would be able to wear it to. The polish is a cross between a lime and a lemon. In bright lightning, it looks very yellow, but under darker lights, it appears neon green. If you could mix the color of the green leaves from the trees with the yellow sun beam from the sky, then this is it in a bottle.
The color goes on a little sloppy, since the consistency is watery. I actually did a double take to make sure this was in fact an OPI nail polish, since it seemed substandard to other polishes within the line that I’ve tried in the past. Even with a steady hand, I felt like the polish was working against me. It took a least three coats before the color was vibrant and opaque, but once it dried, I loved the high shine finish.
You need a lot of patience to use this color. It’s very messy to work with, so go slowly, start with the middle, and work your way out. It took FOREVER to dry. Ten minutes after I applied the polish, I touched it and was left with a fingerprint seal on my nail, so it might be beneficial to use a quick dry spay such as OPI Nail Colour Quick Dry Spray, $12.00 at sephora.com.
Once the color dried it was bright and luminous. It will instantly energize any outfit, and makes your nails stand out. 3/4 stars.