Just in time for summer, Sephora and The Skin Cancer Foundation recently unveiled the ninth edition of their Sun Safety Kit. The collection features a variety of beauty products for tanning, bronzing, and protection for glowing summer skin, all in a bright pink travel bag. And, you can feel good about protecting your skin and making it look its best all summer long, because $20 from the sale of each kit will benefit The Skin Cancer Foundation, the only global organization solely devoted to the prevention, early detection and treatment of skin cancer.
• Origins VitaZing™ Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Energy-Boosting Moisturizer with Mangosteen – This multitasking moisturizer hydrates, energizes and protects skin with SPF 15 and a refreshing zing of antioxidant-rich mangosteen.
• Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in Light Medium – This oil-free, color-correcting, perfecting formula creates a natural glow while hydrating and protecting the skin with SPF 30.
• Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 – Hydrating, fast-absorbing, and non-greasy, this Argan Oil-infused daily moisturizer features all natural sunscreens, green tea, and innovative SunBoost ATB™, a unique blend of antioxidants, skin-soothers, and hydrators.
• Shiseido Wetforce Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ – This innovative new sunscreen for the face and body is extremely water resistant and actually becomes more effective when it comes into contact with water to deliver the best coverage under the sun.
• Clarins UV Plus Anti-Pollution Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen – This non-tinted lotion has a silky texture that glides on smoothly and provides maximum UV protection without a heavy, sticky feel.
• Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF15 – Discover the cult-favorite hydrating lip treatment that nourishes, protects, and plumps the lips with SPF 15.
• Ole Henriksen Total Truth™ Vitamin C Eye Crème SPF 15 – Combining nourishing, age-defying eye crème with SPF 15 sun protection, this light textured cream renews and protects the eyes.
Murad Invisiblur™ Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30 | PA+++ – This innovative multifunctional formula provides the benefits of an antiaging treatment, makeup primer, and SPF 30 sun protection in every pump.
• Dr. Dennis Gross Dark Spot Sun Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen – Protect skin from UV damage while reducing the chance of developing dark spots with this broad spectrum mineral sunscreen with SPF 50.
• Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense® Lotion SPF 30 – Rich in antioxidants and SPF 30 to protect skin from free radical damage, this oil-free formula keeps your complexion safe and healthy.
• Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 – This one-step balm perfects the appearance of skin while protecting it from the sun and environmental factors with antioxidants and SPF 45.
• Supergoop! SPF 30+ City Sunscreen Serum With Uniprotect PT-3 – This multitasking broad spectrum SPF 30+ daily repair serum contains Uniprotect PT-3, a complex that assists with repairing the skin from existing sun damage while reducing UV-induced oxidation.
• Vita Liberata Passion Flower & Argan Dry Oil Broad Spectrum SPF 50 – This non-greasy, nourishing dry oil formula contains added passionflower and argan oil for broad-spectrum sun protection and skin treatment benefits.
• AmorePacific Natural Protector SPF 30 – This lightweight, hydrating formula guards skin against sun damage and environmental aggressors, while improving moisture balance, and absorbing excess oil and sebum, so your face always looks fresh and flawless.
• Korres Yoghurt Nourishing Fluid Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 30 – This ultra-sheer yet nourishing fluid is enhanced with the amazing benefits of yoghurt to provide daily broad-spectrum UV coverage that wears beautifully under makeup.
• St. Tropez One Night Only in Light-Medium – This lightweight cream gives an instant, even, beautifully golden tan that will wash off whenever you choose.
The SEPHORA Sun Safety Kit $32 ($155 value) will be available while supplies last in all Sephora U.S. stores, or by calling 1-877-SEPHORA or logging on to Sephora.com via computer or smartphone.
Spring has been cold here in NYC, which has me yearning for the warm summer months. I got excited when the weather warmed up enough over the weekend so I could wear a new top i just bought from Steps New York. The flowy chiffon fabric moves swiftly as I walk, allowing the spring breeze to seep through and cool me down. The most gorgeous part of the top has got to be the back, which features a chain embellishment that accentuates the upper back. The chain can be removed and worn as a necklace, bracelet or headpiece, so it’s multifunctional.
The front of the shirt features a collar adorned with crystals that come to life in the sun as it shimmers in the sun. This is the perfect top for Spring and event summer.
I paired the top with jeans and gold BCBG pumps. Full makeup look and details will be up on Instagram, so visit me there!
Now that the weather is wearing up and summer is fast approaching, it’s time to begin searching for the perfect swimsuit to show off that gorgeous body you’ve been hiding under layers of winter clothing. If you’re looking for swimwear that will give you a trendy edge check out Kalimera, the latest collection from Catatsis Swimwear. Designed by Carolina Bagg, the swimsuits in the collection were inspired by Bagg’s trip to the Greek islands and incorporate everything from Greek architecture to the color of the sunsets. The bottoms are available in a Brazilian, Italian and moderate cuts, offering a variety of different options for every woman’s comfort level. The tops are beautifully designed and feature flirty cuts and intricate details. Check out some of the bikinis available in the collection below and click here to learn more.
Summer is coming, which means it’s time for you to shake-up your beauty routine. Switch from the moisturizing cleanser you were using during the winter months, for something lighter and make sure these summer essentials are on your vanity:
◊Slather on the Sunscreen
Protect your skin from the sun by wearing sunscreen every day. For optimal use, apply every 1-2 hours, and be sure to apply it at least 15 minutes BEFORE going outside. It’s important to note that sunscreens do not last forever, so be sure to always check the expiration dates and toss the one you used last year. Sunscreens with a SPF of 30 or higher are best for the summer months.
Try this: New Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 70 ($9.99)
◊Switch your Foundation with Tinted Moisturizer
Thick foundations tend to melt right off your face in hot weather. Tinted Moisturizers are much lighter and give you a fresh, dewy look.
Try this: Cover Girl CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer (about $7 at your local drugstore). I have been using this since high school, and it’s never failed me!
◊Protect your pout with Lip Balm
You’ve got the sunscreen for your body, and the tinted moisturizer for your face, but don’t forget about your lips! Your lips are one the most vulnerable parts of your body that can burn easily. Prevent your lips from peeling or getting sunburned by using a moisturizing lip balm that has at least SPF 15 in it. Wear alone, or under your favorite lip gloss or lipstick.
Try this: Banana Boat Aloe Vera with vitamin E Sunscreen lip balm ($1-2 at your local drugstore).
◊ Keep your Feet Soft & Touchable
During the summer your tootsies can breathe in a fashionable pair of sandals. Head to the spa and get a pedicure, or use a foot scrub twice a week to keep feet soft and healthy-looking.
Try this: Dr. Scholl’s For Her Pumice Foot Scrub