A few weeks ago I attended an event for Proganix, a new pro-series hair care range formulated to give you salon quality results, using what the company calls “nature captured by science.” The line features individual collections that are customized to specific hair needs and concerns. For example, if your hair is dray and damaged, then the line Repair, will add moisture to your hair. If unruly curls are your problem then Curls, will help you create soft, silky spirals that bounce as you walk. I’ve been trying a few the products for about a week now, and my favorite, Quench, which contains a supercharged blend of coconut oil and essential nutrients, smells absolutely heavenly and leaves my hair feeling silky smooth. Other collections in the line include Anti-Fade, Volume and Smooth. To learn more about the collection click here.
Just in time for summer, Sephora and The Skin Cancer Foundation recently unveiled the ninth edition of their Sun Safety Kit. The collection features a variety of beauty products for tanning, bronzing, and protection for glowing summer skin, all in a bright pink travel bag. And, you can feel good about protecting your skin and making it look its best all summer long, because $20 from the sale of each kit will benefit The Skin Cancer Foundation, the only global organization solely devoted to the prevention, early detection and treatment of skin cancer.
• Origins VitaZing™ Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Energy-Boosting Moisturizer with Mangosteen – This multitasking moisturizer hydrates, energizes and protects skin with SPF 15 and a refreshing zing of antioxidant-rich mangosteen.
• Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in Light Medium – This oil-free, color-correcting, perfecting formula creates a natural glow while hydrating and protecting the skin with SPF 30.
• Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 – Hydrating, fast-absorbing, and non-greasy, this Argan Oil-infused daily moisturizer features all natural sunscreens, green tea, and innovative SunBoost ATB™, a unique blend of antioxidants, skin-soothers, and hydrators.
• Shiseido Wetforce Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ – This innovative new sunscreen for the face and body is extremely water resistant and actually becomes more effective when it comes into contact with water to deliver the best coverage under the sun.
• Clarins UV Plus Anti-Pollution Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen – This non-tinted lotion has a silky texture that glides on smoothly and provides maximum UV protection without a heavy, sticky feel.
• Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF15 – Discover the cult-favorite hydrating lip treatment that nourishes, protects, and plumps the lips with SPF 15.
• Ole Henriksen Total Truth™ Vitamin C Eye Crème SPF 15 – Combining nourishing, age-defying eye crème with SPF 15 sun protection, this light textured cream renews and protects the eyes.
Murad Invisiblur™ Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30 | PA+++ – This innovative multifunctional formula provides the benefits of an antiaging treatment, makeup primer, and SPF 30 sun protection in every pump.
• Dr. Dennis Gross Dark Spot Sun Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen – Protect skin from UV damage while reducing the chance of developing dark spots with this broad spectrum mineral sunscreen with SPF 50.
• Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense® Lotion SPF 30 – Rich in antioxidants and SPF 30 to protect skin from free radical damage, this oil-free formula keeps your complexion safe and healthy.
• Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 – This one-step balm perfects the appearance of skin while protecting it from the sun and environmental factors with antioxidants and SPF 45.
• Supergoop! SPF 30+ City Sunscreen Serum With Uniprotect PT-3 – This multitasking broad spectrum SPF 30+ daily repair serum contains Uniprotect PT-3, a complex that assists with repairing the skin from existing sun damage while reducing UV-induced oxidation.
• Vita Liberata Passion Flower & Argan Dry Oil Broad Spectrum SPF 50 – This non-greasy, nourishing dry oil formula contains added passionflower and argan oil for broad-spectrum sun protection and skin treatment benefits.
• AmorePacific Natural Protector SPF 30 – This lightweight, hydrating formula guards skin against sun damage and environmental aggressors, while improving moisture balance, and absorbing excess oil and sebum, so your face always looks fresh and flawless.
• Korres Yoghurt Nourishing Fluid Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 30 – This ultra-sheer yet nourishing fluid is enhanced with the amazing benefits of yoghurt to provide daily broad-spectrum UV coverage that wears beautifully under makeup.
• St. Tropez One Night Only in Light-Medium – This lightweight cream gives an instant, even, beautifully golden tan that will wash off whenever you choose.
The SEPHORA Sun Safety Kit $32 ($155 value) will be available while supplies last in all Sephora U.S. stores, or by calling 1-877-SEPHORA or logging on to Sephora.com via computer or smartphone.
This Saturday, June 13th, Red Door Spa is celebrating Global Wellness Day with several wellness activities on the rooftop terrace at their 5th Avenue Flagship location. With the slogan “One day can change your whole life,” Global Wellness Day is an entirely not-for-profit day and social platform dedicated to bringing together exercise, healthy eating and spiritual teachings to raise awareness of living well throughout the world. Below is a sampling of the free events the spa is hosting led by New York City wellness experts.
Mindfulness Meditation with Cory Muscara
Joulebody Nutrition Session and Sampling with Yvette Rose
Power Yoga with Joulebody Founder Yvette Rose
To learn more about the sessions, spa activations and to RSVP click here.
I recently bought Iman’s Second To None Cover Cream to compliment the Iman foundation in Sand 3 that I have been using and absolutely love. However, I found the Sand concealer a little too dark for me, but fortunately it matched my sister so I gave it to her to use and the results were amazing. Check out the picture below. On the left is the concealer and on the right we didn’t use anything As you can see, the concealer cream really hid her dark, under-eye circles and redness with a significant amount of coverage. It went on smoothly and was long-lasting. I will definitely try other shades until I find one that matches me, but this stuff is incredibly. The only con is that it did go on cakey and throughout the day she had to pat under her eye as the product settled in fine lines, so I recommend using it with a moisturizer; other than that, it’s great.
I was doing some spring cleaning in my room and amongst the zillions of beauty products I have, I found Obliphica Professional Seaberry Conditioner for medium to coarse hair. The product releases small capsules of Vitamin E Oil, which are visible to the eye and penetrate deeply into each strand, in order to protect hair against color oxidation and environmental damage. It also contains a blend of grapeseed and jojoba oils which moisturize and nourish the hair, while seaberry oil forms a protective shield to seal in moisture and nutrients, and combat damage.
I’ve never even heard of sea berries, but after doing some research I found out that it is rich in omegas 3, 6, 7, and 9 that promote stronger, healthier hair. It also naturally has 190+ bioactive compounds, 14 essential vitamins, amino acids and so many other important elements that make it a powerful superfruit. All of this research made me wants to go out and find the actual berry for consumption rather than putting in my hair, but since it proved to be a little difficult to find, I decided to try the conditioner.
It has a light fragrance that is warmly sweet. I left it on my hair for 3-4 mins per the instructions on the bottle. It rinsed out easily and my hair felt silky smooth, so I definitely will be adding this to my hair regimen.
The product retails online for $26.00.
I have curly hair so I’m always on the search for products to nourish and tame the unruly coils that sit at the top of my head. At a recent event I received Macadamia Professional™ Nourishing Moisture Masque, a product I have wanted to try for a while now. I’ve actually never tested any products from Macadamia Professional, but everyone I know who uses products from the line raves about it.
Infused with what the company calls PRO OIL COMPLEX, the masque features natural oils like macadamia, argan, and tea tree which work to hydrate, reconstruct and repair medium to coarse hair textures. The result: less fizz, silky and detangled hair. The product is said to be ideal for dry, damaged or color-treated and is cruelty-free and free of sulfates, gluten and parabens.
The cream has a slightly pale pink tone and is the consistency of thick Greek yogurt. It coated my wet hair very nicely and was absorbed within seconds. It does leave a slippery, oily residue behind on your hands, but that can be easily rinsed away.
The scent is light and sweet and leaves your hair smelling amazing.
Since receiving the product, I‘ve tried it two ways:
1. I coated my hair, then covered my hair with a shower cap and sat under a hair bonnet set to high heat.
2. I left it in my hair for 10 mins without heat.
Surprisingly, I felt like my hair benefited most with the product when I didn’t use heat since it felt softer. My hair isn’t really damaged so I can’t really comment on its restorative properties, but I felt that it did live up to its promise of promoting frizz-free hair since I was able to blow dry my hair straight without seeing many flyways. I would recommend this product for anyone looking for a hydrating mask that gives good results.
The product retails for about $36.00 in stores and online.
MAKEUP BY: Mario Dedivanovic for MARC JACOBS BEAUTY
INSPIRATION: To match the nude elegance of the Peter Dundas for Roberto Cavalli dress, Mario wanted Kim’s skin to mimic the glowing and simplistic palette of the dress and keep it monochromatic. “We wanted to stay true to Kim’s classic look and enhance her natural beauty and golden, glowy skin.”
First, Mario created a perfect canvas and achieved a dewy glow on Kim’s face by mixing a medium and dark shade of the Genius Gel SuperCharged Oil-Free Foundation all over the face.
Since Kim’s hair was tightly pulled back, Mario wanted enhance her natural features without too much color.
Under the eyes, the Marc Jacobs Beauty Re(Marc)able Full Cover Concealer was applied to, while the Shameless Bold Blush in Shameless was applied to the apple of the cheeks to give a slightly peachy hue.
To achieve a contoured look, Mario used the #Instamarc Light Filtering Contour Powder in Hi Fi Filter 60 in the hollows of the cheeks, around the hair and jawlines and on the sides of the nose.
On the eyes, Mario maintained the nude and crystal color palette by applying a wash across the entire lid of the silvery Twinkle Pop Eye Stick in Frannie, followed by layers of the matte and shimmery peach tones in the Style Eye Con No. 7 Palette in The Dreamer to set it and give it a more nude-based tone. In the creases of her eye, Mario used a dark brown shade from the palette very lightly, and then took the golden Twinkle Eye Pop Color Stick in Au Revoir to the brow bone and lower lash line of the eyes to add some sultry sparkle. To finish of the eyes, Mario applied the Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Blacquer in a very thin line on the upper lash line, followed by a very slight wing to stay aligned with the MET Ball theme, and added a final hint of the golden sparkle to the inner corners of the eyes using the Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Mari(Gold) to enhance the natural gold in her eyes.
And finally, on the lips, Mario achieved Kim’s go-to nude lip look with a warm nude tone of the New Nudes Sheer Lip Gel in Anais.
PRODUCTS: Marc Jacobs Beauty Genius Gel SuperCharged Oil-Free Foundation, Marc Jacobs Beauty Twinkle Pop Eye Stick in Au Revoir 406 and Frannie 408, Marc Jacobs Beauty New Nudes Sheer Lip Gel in Anais 146, Marc Jacobs Beauty #Instamarc Light Filtering Contour Powder in Hi Fi Filter 60, Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Mari(Gold) 70, and Blacquer 42, Marc Jacobs Beauty O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara in Blacquer, Marc Jacobs Beauty Re(Marc)able Full Cover Concealer, Marc Jacobs Beauty Style Eye-Con No.7 – Plush Shadow in The Dreamer, Marc Jacobs Beauty Shameless Bold Blush in 220 Shameless
DRESS: Peter Dundas for Roberto Cavalli
Spring has been cold here in NYC, which has me yearning for the warm summer months. I got excited when the weather warmed up enough over the weekend so I could wear a new top i just bought from Steps New York. The flowy chiffon fabric moves swiftly as I walk, allowing the spring breeze to seep through and cool me down. The most gorgeous part of the top has got to be the back, which features a chain embellishment that accentuates the upper back. The chain can be removed and worn as a necklace, bracelet or headpiece, so it’s multifunctional.
The front of the shirt features a collar adorned with crystals that come to life in the sun as it shimmers in the sun. This is the perfect top for Spring and event summer.
I paired the top with jeans and gold BCBG pumps. Full makeup look and details will be up on Instagram, so visit me there!
“Hello, let’s be friends.” That’s what the pink box I received from Influenster had written on it, and I immediately knew what was inside. I have been a huge fan of Hello Products’ mouthwashes for some time now, because they are alcohol free and freshens my breath without leaving my mouth burning. The company’s products have a cute tagline on the packaging that you can’t help but smile when you read: “naturally friendly, refreshes, delicious and improves dates.”
In my Influenster box, I received 2 toothpastes and breath sprays in the flavors Pink Grapefruit Mint and Mojito Mint, as well as a toothbrush.
The taste of the pink grapefruit mint toothpaste is not as bitter as you would expect. It does taste like grapefruit, but a yummy, sweet grapefruit you really want to sink your teeth into (pun not intended). It’s an unusual flavor for toothpaste, but the yummy goodness has me looking forward to brushing my teeth. The Mojito Mint is just as good. It has a sweet lime/mint infused flavor without the vodka, so don’t worry kids can use it! The flavors in both of the toothpastes overall are very mild and the color of the paste regardless of the flavor is white. My tooth does feel extremely clean after using it and my mouth is fresh long after brushing.
The tootbrush is also really good and made with made with biodegradable corn resin and recycled plastic. The package has a note on it that says “Yes, nice bristles. No, bells + whistles. Hello, happy pearlies.” And, boy were my pearlies were happy after using the pretty pink bristle head toothbrush. Now, I wouldn’t say that this toothbrush is superior to other brushes on the market, but it gets the cleaning job done, and I feel good using a product that is environmentally friendly.
I tend to brush my teeth several times a day so I have no need for breath sprays, but since I received them complimentary in my Influenster box, I gave them a try. Similar to the toothpastes they taste great and leave a fresh scent in your mouth so that you are ready to pucker up on that big date or feel more confident during an interview. The taste isn’t overpowering, and you really don’t need more than a couple of sprays for fresh breath.
These products are definitely worth giving a try, and if you visit their Facebook page you can get a $1 off coupon for the mouthwash, toothpaste or breath spray.
Last weekend was a beautiful spring day here in NYC, so I decided to pull out one of my favorite tops and paired it with jeans and heels a for a chic, but casual spring day outing. The top features a shimmery gold fabric with a teal stripe pattern, perfect for celebrating the sunshine and warmer weather.
For my makeup I kept it simple wearing Flower Beauty lipstick in Ginger Lilly on the lips. Because I was out in the sun, I chose to wear a bronzer with some spf in it, so I wore Physician’s Formula City Glow Daily Defense Bronzer SPF 30. On my eyes, I wore Physican’s Formula Custom Eye Enhancing Extreme Shimmer Gel Cream Shadow & Liner Trio since the shimmers in it nicely matched my top.
What’s your go-to spring chic look?